Is it time for a revolution?

Thomas Jefferson Quote:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.

The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is

wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts

they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,

it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...

And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not

warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of

resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as

to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost

in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from

time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

It is its natural manure."

We haven't had a revolution in the US for quite some time and the government certainly does seem to be getting more and more corrupt.

I'm not saying we should start a revolution. I just thought it was an interesting quote by one of the country's founding fathers. It might get a little hectic trying to have a revolution every 20 years...

It is also nothing against Obama as one of you insinuated. I actually like him as he seems less corrupt than many of the other political men in power. He is a little too idealistic in my opinion, but I really do think he is genuine in doing what he thinks is best for the country.

I do think it is an interesting quote, perhaps a little dated because I also don't know how a revolution would benefit our current situation. It almost seems like people were barbaric in the past since so little value was placed on a human life. Do revolutions necessarily have to be violent and involve bloodshed?

Favorite Answer

You ready to take up arms? you have your guns ready to fight? People talk a good talk. This isn't a video game and your comfortable lifestyle will be altered if we had a revolution. I value what I have now. As much as I am against certain things that the government is doing lately, can you imagine how bad it will be if we fought a "Revolution"? We can vote our way out of this debacle. The people have a voice. It is the reason we had a revolution to begin with. Unfortunatly, people want to fight or should I say talk about revolution over something as trivial as gay marraige, or other issues. I'm not fighting a war over that! No one is stopping them from living their lifestyle. Make a will.

Source(s): U.S. Marine 1993-1999 If you ever been to Italy, Iraq,or Somalia, then you can talk "Revolution" otherwise, keep blogging.

Yes, it is time. This is my favorite Jefferson quote. But first we must go straight to the tyrants: Corporations and their lobbyists. Then elect all new Congressman and Senators from outside the 2 parties. When we see how they operate, choose the best one as president.

Well we haven't had a good one since at the very least the 60's and 70's.... So yeah according to Pres. Jefferson yeah I think so... It really doesn't seem like one is too far off either... too many people are very discontented right now with what our government is doing... today it's recreations of Boston Tea Parties... what will be tomorrow?

• Pashur

No. It amazes me when Bush was in office no abominable or demonic acts were in process but when a bi racial president who is a liberal where we all know that Clinton was too now all of sudden people are concern what the government is doing to them and not listening. Ungodly Hypocrispy in mix? Oh ,Yes!

• Kilty

I'm not American, and I always wonder how in the name of god does religion continually sneak it's way into politics?

It's time for a Revo....wait the "twilight" dvd is coming out kewl!! Now what were you saying.....STUPIDITY IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES Not religion!

the912Movement.com

Source(s): the912Movement.com