How painful is a tattoo on your ankle?

Everyone says it will hurt, but by hurt what do you mean.. could anyone give me a comparison? I'm really not good with pain, I'm a huge wimp, but I really want this tattoo done. It's not going to be very big but I'm pretty thin so my bones stick out really bad, is that going to make it worse?

Help ! ?

Favorite Answer

I'm pretty thin as well and I got an anchor (3x4 in) right above my ankle. Yes it hurt! Like sharp scratching over and over a burn or something, during the shading too. My foot would get kinda tense and would flinch but my my friend and the tattooist started talking and distracting me so that helped me relax alot! The rest wasn't as bad. Relax, you won't be the first nor the last to go through it! You'll be satisfied in the end :)

Source(s): TATTOED
  • mish

Ankle Tattoo Pain

Tattoos On Ankle

I have a tattoo on my ankle. It was my first time, and I'm wimp! But I got it on the outside of my left ankle, right above the little ball thing. I didn't think it was that bad, like maybe a 7 out of 10. I took tylenol beforehand, had my friend talking to me to take my mind off it. It hurt at first, but it was more irritating after awhile, rather than painful. You'll be okay. It only hurts for the short time you're having it done. It's worth it. Good luck!

My best friend has her ankle tattooed. She can take alot of pain and she said that it hurt. She said it was the worst pain she has ever felt. But she really wanted it and she is glad that she did it. It will hurt because it's a bony area. Any where that there is more bone than muscle will hurt but if you want it then get it.

I got a tattoo on my ankle, just above the little ball and it did not hurt all that bad. But I was comparing it to my wrist, and I've heard the wrist is more painful than the ankle. It all depends on you though, in the end.

A World of Ideas & Inspiration for Your Tattoos!

Find Cool Tattoo Designs at "Tattoo Me Now" - http://tattoomenow.info/secret-139.html

Here’s What You Will Find Inside:

•7,200+ High Quality Tattoo Designs, Stencils, Photos, Tattoo Fillers & Backgrounds and More…

• 1000′s of High Quality Tattoo Designs with Stencils, Tattoo Photos, Tattoo Fonts & Much More.

• 125+ beautiful tattoo fonts

• 1000′s of amazing tattoos

Tattoo Designs of All Types. Thousand and Thousand to Choose From.

This is The #1 Ranked Tatto Design Website On The NET! - http://tattoomenow.info/secret-139.html

Source(s): Find Cool Tattoo Designs NOW! - http://tattoomenow.info/secret-139.html

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/SLqf3

Areas where the skin is closer to bone are more sensitive. I had the OM symbol tattooed on my ankle and it hurt right in the beginning. But the pain numbed, and the next morning it hurt really badd. LIKE a NINE. But once i got moving around the pain subsided and it didnt really hurt unless i bumped into something. Good Luck.

I badly sprained my ankle about 3 weeks ago. I was in a hurry going down the stairs, lost my balance and landed on a bad side of my left foot, causing my left ankle to be stretched going on the inside. The first 48 hours were excruciating and the pain was un-believable. I've never had a serious ankle injury before.

So I immediately treated it using the RICE method. The following day, the bruising and swelling were so horrible. I found out that I got a second degree sprain and immediately panicked after that. I had a football game on that week and it been looking forward to it because I've been training for rt. I had teammates that had similar injuries and it took them months to fully recover, some of them stopped playing altogether. So I kinda had a short-term depression because I can't imagine myself not being able to run and play sports anymore.

Because I was so desperate to recover again, I contacted a lot of people that I know who do sports and asked them if they had similar injuries. One friend of mine, from the boy's football team in my university, told me about H.E.M. Ankle Rehab. I got a copy 4 days after I got injured. I immediately read and followed what was instructed and felt improvement on the first day. I was able to walk a bit, but I was in pain.

A couple of days after that, the swelling and bruising were subsid-ing significantly and on the fourth day, I was walking comfortably again. Although I've had felt a bit of stiffness, I continued doing what was instructed. My sister was surprised that I have recovered this fast. I told her about this book and was shocked on how effective the procedures were. I'm just so happy that this book was shared to me and how effective it is.

Heal your ankle fully & fast?

I have tattoos all over my body (except my ribs/hips) and my ankle tattoo really hurt. It was super small so the pain didn't last long, but it was the only one that made me feel a bit lightheaded. Crazy, but true. I have very skinny legs and am very bony so I think that definitely contributed.