Guitar solo or drum solo?

Which one impresses you more?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Neither really. Soloing is just indulgent noodling, mostly. I'm much more impressed by bands that are able to compose an entire song without a solo and still impress me with their technical prowess. Orthrelm being one of the best examples, in the words of the immortal Weasel Walter, "If you look at what Orthrelm does, they pretty much play a lifetime of music in a half hour. They could generate years of music from the amount of riffs they use in a half-hour set." that's much more engaging than somebody showing off how many lessons (whether it's based in a scale, or a roll) they've mastered.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on what the solo is. If it's something like a drum solo by Neil Peart up against a Kurt Cobain solo then the drum solo will probably be more impressing, but if it's something like an Eddie Van Halen solo against a drum solo by George Harrison Eddie would win.

Source(s): Nirvana
  • 1 decade ago

Drum solo, i play drums and to make a drum solo you need a lot of independence and syncopation. and because of 2 words, NEIL PEART!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

guitar solo, because im a guitarist.

but ou never hear drum solos nowadays, they do impress me

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Drum solo as they are less common.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

drum solo

Source(s): because im a drummer
  • 1 decade ago

Drum neil peart and tommy lee do amazing solos amazing!

• 4 years ago

probable because of the fact the guitar is greater versatile, however I agree it may be useful to take heed to greater drum and bass solos. i would be trouble-free, i did not click the rest in this question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Both are impressive. Especially when done live.

But im a guitar player, so..Guitar

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I doesn't matter as long as they are done right. Most are pompous and overdone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.