Will this harm my baby? Will I have a miscarriage?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I am 4w6d. Right now I am so stressed about my work situation that I actually feel sick to my stomach right now, and I am about to cry. I realize stress is not good, is this hurting ...show more

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • answered 5 years ago
    No, not likely. I was in your situation until about a week or two ago (and I"m now 26 weeks 3 days pregnant). It really sucks. I am going on mat leave on April 9th. I was so stressed I actually became ill just before Christmas with crohn's disease and was on steroid medication for a month and a half, and also am on a 5-ASA drug for the rest of my pregnancy.

Fortunately, my work situation has changed and is less stressful and I also know I am finished in 19 (work) days!!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    Stress is never good on your body, pregnant or not, but especially when you are pregnant, you need to try and minimize any stress that you might have. Try to replace the bad stress w/ good thoughts, positive talk and the reality that everything will be okay. Keep the thought, "I care about the baby and am thinking about him/her". Second move forward in your life. Begin to slowly organize your life + how you want life to be with the baby when the baby arrives.
    There now is information to indicate that stress can cause the body to produce certain hormones that can perhaps cause miscarriage and that very likely can bring on preterm labor.
    I know all of this is easier said than done. Just take it one step at a time and find a support group to keep your thoughts positive and your stress low. Find this with, your friends, a family member, a family pet, a distant relative, an online community (there are tons out there) or with your significant other.
    I will keep you and your situation in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you.

Source(s):

Proud mommy of a 15 month old little boy!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    Stress isn't good. But we all get stressed out, pregnant or not.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    that much stress is not good for your baby if it goes on for a long time. change your job if you can, or find a way to deal with the stress.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    Awww hunni i'm sorry you feel so stressed out :(

Feeling this way isn't really that likely to affect your pregnancy and the added hormones is probably making this situation seem worse than it actually is for you!!

I think you should have a day where you just chill out, book a day at the spa or just have a girly day to take your mind off of things!!

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!

I wish you a safe, happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Source(s):

24w+3d pregnant...... It's a GIRL!!! xxxx
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    I cried ALL the time during my first trimester. I still cry about silly things now. Just try to relax. Breathe when you can and remember "this, too, shall pass" (I swear I said that 9000x a day in the first 12 weeks.) You'll be ok, hang in there!!

Source(s):

22w
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    it is not really hurting baby it is just really stressing you out mostly but it can affect baby to a point but not literaly you just need to relax and enjoy your pregnancy hun

Source(s):

moma to dakota married to my redneck trucker and robbie paul will be here in may!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • answered 5 years ago
    No, it is very unlikely that you would/could harm a healthy pregnancy. However, it really is best for you, the pregnancy and baby to relax and be calm as much as possible.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock