Tony asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

文章符合being the global citizen嗎

Good morning everybody. I am Tony. Today, I am glad to deliver a speech about being a global citizen. Nowadays, Taiwan has become a global village. Without doubt, we are global citizens. Everything around us has a lot to do with the world. For instance, the subprime mortgage crisis in America influences Taiwan and other countries seriously. It is impossible to solve this global problem just by ourselves. In addition to the economy, our eating style is also influenced a lot. We can find Kim Chi, the Korean food and Sushi, the Japanese food in the supermarkets. It’s unnecessary to go overseas to buy them. Taiwan, this small island, stays in touch with the world every minute. As the inhabitants of Taiwan, we should have global perspective, pay attention to the international current events, and respect other countries’ customs. This way, we can become wonderful global citizens.

這篇文章 有符合being the global citizen嗎

請大師幫我看看 謝謝

Rating
  • Kevin
    Favorite Answer

Well, it's generally ok; after all, you have only one minute to go around, don't you?

There are some changes I have made to make it more reasonable to me. Just for your reference.

Good morning, everybody. I am Tony. Today, I am glad to talk about being a global citizen. Nowadays, Taiwan, just like other countries, has become a member of the global village, making us all global citizens. Everything in the world has a lot to do with us. Take the disastrous subprime mortgage crisis in America for instance. It is impossible to solve this global problem by any single country alone. Our eating style is also internationalized a lot, with Kimchi, a Korean food, and Sushi, a Japanese delicacy, very common in the supermarkets. Taiwan, small island as it is, stays in touch with the world every minute. As inhabitants of Taiwan, we should have global perspectives, pay attention to what's happening around the world, and treat other countries with respect, with a view to becoming true global citizens.

謝謝Elisa小姐

• ?

姚姚 或 阿國

Your English is not bad. If you want tips about speech. Here it is.

http://tw.group.knowledge.yahoo.com/effective-engl...