Steven Gerrard the Most Underrated Footballer in Modern Football?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Yeah he is...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do not agree with you. Gerrard is a great footballer and has been key to Liverpool since he started. I rate him very highly and know he can win a game on his own. He is already very well known worldwide and is generally admired by the press and other professionals.

When we compare him to Messi, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo, all these other guys have been the key player in their team's Champions League AND their domestic leagues victories. Granted, they all had a better supporting cast than Gerrard did.

If Steven Gerrad has a crazy season like Cristiano Ronaldo last year when he scored 40+ goals and winning the Premiership and the Champions League, he will be up there.

I would say Jamie Carragher is even more underrated than Gerrard.

• Renan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well if he is the most underrated footballer that means he wouldn't be that popular right ? if you want to talk about underrated,, take a look at Arsenal players. they are all underrated,, the media hasn't discuss about them since a long time. i hate that fact. everthing has been around Man. United, Milan, Inter, Barcelona, and Liverpool !

• 4 years ago

No......... One of the most overrated players I would say. Alonso is liverpool's best midfielder followed by mascherano but their work are not that eye-catching or headline grabbing so they go unnoticed. StevieG is good but not nearly as good as the British press would make you believe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your soo true man

i really agree with you and thhe written stuff on the site

i hate how people think torres is betta then gerrard

torres scores plenty of goals but thats because his given the best chances

while as gerrard he crakcks the ball from like 30 yards, never misses a penalty, and ussually scores some stunning freekicks

He is the king of liverpool and the worlds best but its sad that not many people agree

• 1 decade ago

No, he's solid but not great, he just stands out in a Liverpool team that is devoid of major talent other than Torres.

• chig
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

underrated? What are you smoking? If anything he is overrated because of the team that surrounds him makes him look great.

• LYCAN
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Underrated ?? Sorry......surely a typo error.

• He is rated about right by all but Liverpool supporters who elevate him to a position something in advance of The Second Coming.

Frank is, was, and always will be better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most underrated? no!

he is not underrated, he is one of the best in the world.

EDIT: wow 5 thumbs down for saying gerrard is one of the best in the world...pss

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i agree, he is underrated. not sure if he's the most underrated though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.