Do you have to pay for a PayPal account?

I just want one so that I can buy stuff on ebay. Do I need to pay for it or what? and what's the purpose?

Favorite Answer

No, you do not need to pay for a paypal account. You do however need at least 1$ in your bank account because they will use it as a deposit to see if you can successfully enter your account and activate the security trial. (You will get it back, don't worry) The overall purpose of a Paypal account however is to play the middleman in between online transactions. This way, when you invest on a product from someone, you can pay them without them knowing your credit card numbers and also they have other services that relate to online transaction safety.

• abc

no you don't pay for the account, you put money in the account and use it to pay for 'stuff' you buy off ebay...the purpose is for the seller to get his/her money without having to wait for a check; a paypal account has verified you have a valid bank account.....