Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are Christians to blame for has happen to our country?

It says in the living word of God that the church is responsible for what happens to its country.2 Corinthians says God would spare Sodom and Gomorrah if there were 10 righteous people living right with God and God had to destroy it because there were not even ten between the two.As Christians we need to start living right with God and stand up for what we believe in.Pray for God to save our great country.If there were more true Christians living right with God this would not be happening.Everyone is pointing their fingers at everyone else.The real problem is in the churches and with the belief in Christianity.All people are turning away from God and doing there own thing.God says to be humble and turn from your wicked ways.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I honestly do believe it's us Christians' fault. Most American Christians are hypocrites and don't even know what a Christian is, and don't know how to live in a Christ-life manner. We keep throwing around "Christian" like it means nothing at all - it's almost like taking God's name in vain. And on the whole I view the US as a false prophet misinforming the world of what Christianity (I've met non-Americans who honestly believe Christianity tolerates sin!) means, and eventually, God, who will not tolerate His name and reputation being messed with (because people are led away from Him when they are), will judge the United States and us Christians for not obeying Him.

Oh, and Christianity is not to be a political religion. We are to influence people by our actions, not our words, how to live moral lives. And we are not doing that!

But that is just my humble opinion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The truth is, that people, (due to their own proclivity towards independence) have, for the most part, never established a real working relationship with God. What we are now, experiencing is the RESULT for a lack of that spiritual relationship. We have always had "religion", but not (never, or very seldom) a working or functional spiritual relationship with our Creator. False or misguided "Christianity" has contributed to this trend of a lack of true, spiritual character. Genuine Christianity is about spiritual relationship - not "religion" ! Religion is man-made and serves the purpose of driving a barrier between the unconverted and the truly converted. Now; we have the result - turned off people, people with no hope but attempting to resolve the spiritual void within their lives with physical things and feelings. Frustration from placing a physical remedy on a spiritual problem ! The Christian church has made an enormous contribution to this problem of a "spiritual famine".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the reason this country is in the mess it's in is because of unbelievers(and some so called christians) are believing lies to be truth,they make something bad into something good and good into bad.

we were told in God's word that this would happen,

and the end is closer than we think.

The last days are described as “perilous times” because of the increasingly evil character of man and people who actively “resist the truth” (2 Timothy 3:1-9; see also 2 Thessalonians 2:3).

(IFB)

• Josh6
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That is debatable. The Bible says God puts man in power for His own purpose. Should we blame those who just happen to be here in this time in history as scape goats because sin abounds.

Source(s): The Unveiling of the Trinity
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, since you wanted a separation of Church and State how can you now be blaming the Church for whats wrong with the State?

• 1 decade ago

Christians are praying to save our country; it is the fallen away and apathetic who do not care that drag the prayers away from the throne of God...

• 1 decade ago

No its everyones fault....Christian, Pagan, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, etc. etc.....We all have to work together as a whole to make this a better place to live in spite of our differences. I can dream can't I.

• 1 decade ago

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14

Don't blame me for others sins.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two thumbs up!

Now...watch what is happening in China...Christianity is exploding in the underground church there.

• Technically, we can now blame democrats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.