chances of dieing in the army Rangers?

i know its dangerous obviously but my girlfriend is worried. What are the chances of dieing as a army Ranger. Please intelligent answers ple

Favorite Answer

Rangers are actually just as safe as other combat troops, and in fact due to their specialized and intensive training, stand a slightly better chance of surviving a firefight. If you told your girlfriend there's no risk, you would be lying - but she shouldn't obsess over the risk, either. That's what soldiers do - we go in harm's way.

I got through jump school okay, but when I took a look at Ranger school, I decided it wasn't for me - I'm just not that athletic a guy. That's okay, though - the 101st Airborne has nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to you. Don't let 'em call you a leg!

Your chances of dying on the battlefield as an Army Ranger are the same as anyone else. I understand that probably won't make your girlfriend happy to hear but its the truth. If you are in a combat unit and you get deployed you may die. Even if you were in a non-combat unit you may die. Theres no way to tell you a number because its war.

The US Army, is inherently dangerous, it simply comes with the job.

Chances are good that at some point you will see combat and in combat soldiers die or are injured. Sometimes it is just blind luck that means the difference between surviving or not.

If your girlfriend has worries about an army career she will not do well as a military spouse.

Source(s): US Army Retired.

Chances are lower than the average combat soldier. Why? Because you would be operating with a group of highly trained Rangers. First thing you need to learn is ditch the screen name. Guys at The ROC love to look up students emails, myspace, facebook, etc. and find crap like you have for a screenname. That's like a please haze me sign on your back.

They are about the same as with any unit in theatre. Do your job, watch your back and your team mates back and come back. That's all there is to it. You could go to Iraq or Afganistan and come back without a scratch. You could get up in the morning and die in a traffic accident. Life's like that. Funny world, eh?

Is it the Irish Army Rangers.? ARW

• gettel

the place's that guy who lectures you people approximately comparing an entire branch of the protection tension to a pair different branch's SOF? i could do it, yet i'm attempting to focus on lecturing people who don't understand civilian authority over the protection tension.