Dubious Practices Poll: Do you ever use products past their expiration date?

If so, what were the products? Do you remember how out of date they were?

Thanks.

Update:

Btw, did you know condoms have expiration dates? I do........now.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It depends on what it is and just how far past the date it is. I try to avoid expired milk products and meats because I don't really want to shart myself.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I also NOW know also that condoms have an expiration date. I used a package of cream cheese yesterday that hadn't been opened that expired on march 10th - and yes, depending on the product, I use past the expiration date. I cannot afford to throw food away.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, it's usually food. Milk I found lasts a few days past the expiration date. Some other foods if they're frozen can last longer too. I do the age old "smell check" before I ingest anything questionable tho. I don't know how some people can say they've drunk spoiled milk...it's like, could you not smell that stench before it made it to your mouth? lol Oh, what cracks me up is now bottled water has an expiration date stamped on it. Water...who knew it went bad? lol

• 1 decade ago

I had to get rid of an old girlfriend , actually more then one .

You see when we first got together she said that she was fun to be with , not jealous , and OK with me going out with the guys .

After awhile I guess the expiration date on those promises expired , cause then she ( they ) went nuts .

So you see , even girlfriends have an expiration date and it's OK to keep using them until you find a new and improved one : )

Source(s): After the expiration date you have to throw them out , if not they can a danger to your health .
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, mostly everything is good past it's expiration date. I'll eat foods like yogurt or milk up to a week or two past their date. Eggs are usually good for a couple of weeks after being laid if refrigerated so I use those too.

One thing not to use after expiration dates are prescription pills. Sure a few days afterward are fine, but for after a while they lose their effectiveness or can react differently to your body or other meds.

• 4 years ago

Yes, that's not actually an expiration date, it's a sell by date which technically means it's good for up to 3-5 days afterwards. On non-perishables like crackers, cookies ,cereals, i let it go MUCH longer, sometimes years. It's merely a suggestion, not a law.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Few weeks ago I drank eggnog that was 4 months past the expiration date, and open.

• `
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Meds - yes (They're usually effective for 6 months post expiration.)

Food - no

I wouldn't think that condom expiration would be an issue for you Abby. lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I haven't but I was supposed to expire on 07-07-07 but i'm still getting used by many women.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

of course, most of the stuff is still good... I just try to avoid food and milk.

but the whole idea about yogurt is that it's already gone bad milk so you can eat it for months after it went expired.. as is blue cheese...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.