Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What do you think of my 2009 nfl mock draft (1st round)?

If people think it's good, ill make one every 2 weeks

First Round Mock Draft

1. Lions- Jason Smith OT

2. Rams- Eugene Monroe OT

3. Chiefs- Aaron Curry LB

4. Seahawks- B.J. Raji DT

5. Browns- Brian Orapko DE

6. Bengals- Michael Crabtree WR

7. Raiders- Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

8. Jaguars- Mark Sanchez QB

9. Packers- Andre Smith OT

10. 49ers- Matt Stafford QB

11. Bills- Brandon Pettigrew TE

12. Broncos- Vontae Davis CB

13. Redskins- Everette Brown DE

14. Saints- Rey Maualuga ILB

15. Texans- Brian Cushing LB

16. Chargers- Chris Wells RB

17. Jets- Hakeem Nicks WR

18. Bears- Percy Harvin WR

19. Buccaneers- Jeremy Maclin WR

20. Lions- Alex Mack C

21. Eagles- William Beaty

22. Vikings- Jared Cook TE

23. Patriots- LeSean McCoy RB

24. Falcons- Clay Matthews LB

25. Dolphins- Michael Johnson DE/OLB

26. Ravens- Kenny Britt WR

27. Colts- Michael Oher OT

28. Eagles- Josh Freeman QB

29. Giants- Max Unger C

30. Titans - Peria Jerry DT

31. Cardinals- Tyson Jackson DE

32. Steelers- Aaron Maybin DE/OLB

Kelly is unforgettable, I have the Eagles picking a qb with their 28th pick because I think he is the best player on the board and the Eagles have proved that they pick based on value not need 100% of the time.

Thanks for all the feedback

I know my decision to put Maclin down so low has made people angry, but I was so shocked to see that he did not at least run in the lower 4.4s in the 40 yard dash. Heyward-Bey just seems like the guy whose stock is gonna rise in the week before the draft.

Favorite Answer

Seattle isnt gonna take B.J. at 4 with the additions of Corey Redding and Colin Cole.

New England will take Clay Matthews not McCoy.

Pittsburgh will not take a LB in the first rd.If the top Olinemen are gone look for Jarren Gilbert from San Jose St.

Not bad. I really don't see Crabtree dropping that much though. I mean, if I'm Seattle, I'm not passing him up just cuz I got TJ. I mean, TJ is what, early 30s, there's no reason to not take Crabtree. Look at a team like Arizona, they have Fitz and Boldin, it pays to have 2 WRs.

Secondly, I really don't see Sanchez going above Stafford. I've been saying for awhile that I don't really like Stafford, I don't think he'll be a good QB, but he will be better than Sanchez. I mean, Sanchez has only started one year in college, and he thinks he's ready for the NFL? Just like with Stafford, junior QBs don't do well in the NFL, they're only in the draft because with the likes of Bradford next year, they'll get picked later. Sanchez is the #2 QB, and he's probably going #17 to the Jets.

Finally, Andre Smith at #9 isn't possible. Speculation is that he may not even be picked on the first day, let alone the first round. I think #9 might have been high after his combine problems, but after his pro day, his stock dropped worse. Some scouts were upset that they even made the trip to Alabama to see such an awful workout. Some scouts are actually saying his workouts weren't even top 10 in his position.

1) aaron Maybin will go in the top 13 no question

2) Josh Freeman will be gone by #20

3)Colts wont pass up on Peria Jerry

4)Raiders wont take Heyward-Bey over Maclin

5)Patriots wont get a RB

6)Jags ARE NOT going to take Sanchez. They want to win now, they need a WR. Garrard is good enough to take them to the promise land.

7) Where is MALCOLM JENKINS?

8)Tyson Jackson will not fall that far.

9) The saints have MLB in Vilma.

10)Chargers just signed L.T and have Sproles to back him up.

11)Michael Oher will be gone before pick 14.

it's good, but there are some things i want to point out. first, i commend you on not having the lions take stafford with the first pick and instead taking jason smith.

i know al davis is crazy, but darrius hayward-bey at number 7? i know he'll run a fast 40, which'll make al davis piss his pants, but i don't think he's that crazy.

i'm not sure the saints will take mauluaga. they re-signed jonathan vilma, who plays middle linebacker. it'll work if they plan to move vilma to the weakside spot. otherwise, i see the saints taking a corner or a defensive end.

17 is way too high for hakeem nicks. he's a solid pick, but he doesn't have much upside as he's not the fastest guy. 17 would be a good spot for jeremy maclin.

the bears won't take percy harvin. they don't draft receivers. they'll probably draft oline or defense.

the lions won't take alex mack. the weakness on the their oline is the left tackle spot. they actually have a good center in dominic raioloa(i can't spell his name)

switch michael oher with william beaty. oher is the most talented o-lineman in this class. he won't slip pass the eagles.

kenny britt won't be taken in the first round. he'll probably be a 2nd round pick. hakeem nicks would be a good pick for the ravens.

eagles won't take a qb with one of their first round picks. it'll probably be a defensive end or tackle.

giants won't take max unger. they have shaun o'hara, who just made the pro-bowl. i think they'll take a receiver or linebacker with that pcik.

sorry, skipped one. colts won't take an offensive tackle. it'll probably a receiver or a defensive player.

i like your thinking. good job.

I think the raiders would rather have Maclin over Heyward-Bey. The Jaguars won't get a QB, and if they did why would they get the 2nd rated one? And I think the Eagles will try getting an O-lineman or DB.

Other than that its was pretty good.

I'll give you my objections

6- Bengals. They will definitely go for an offensive tackle. They already have Coles and Ocho Cinco.

9- Packers. They will definitely go defense. Probably Vontae Davis.

12- Broncos. They have Andre Goodman and Champ Bailey at CB. They will probably go for DE Tyson Jackson or LB Rey Maualuga.

16- Chargers. They already have 2 quality RBs. They will probably go for an LB.

23- Pats. They got Fred Taylor at RB. They will go defense.

Also:

Sanchez will not go before Stafford

Heyward Bay will not go before Maclin

Overall- C

Well it looks good but Eagles for sure will not draft a quarterback in the first round and they will not go with Beaty for there 21st pick gaurenteed but actually now that I look at it, its all messed up and it looks like your just put people in spots and didn't think about what the team needs

• Pretty good except Brian Cushing will be taken higher along with Michael Oher. And Jeremy Maclin will be taken before Percy Harvin. And I think Heyward-Bey will be taken later in the draft, by the Bears. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Source(s): go bears!!

Raiders won't get Heyward-Bey if they do go receiver it would be Jeremy Maclin

Lesean McCoy is not a first rounder

Mark Sanchez over Stafford

It's alright

y do ppl think the jags and 9ers will take a qb. David Garrard had 1 down year, 2 years ago he threw only 2-3 int's and 49ers believe they have their guy in Shaun Hill.

objections

7. Raiders will go defense most like d tackle

8. no way they go QB, i c them taking a rb here or a 1-2 punch

9. Packers will go CB

10. they won't go QB they will go o lineman

12. Broncos will go LB

Source(s): i stopped at 12, i found waaaay too many errors in here. overall i give u a D-