Why does Yahoo Answers refuse to deal with out of control reporting.?

1. Could it be they encourage reporting for almost anything.

2. Could it be they don't have adequate staff to deal with the problems.

3. What can they do to make the situation deal with reality and not

personal attack or private agenda in reporting.

4. Whats your idea on how to reform these issues.

Favorite Answer

I have to agree with your one poster, They are totally incapable of dealing

with the enormity of the mess they have created, They need to revise

the reporting system. Instead of electronic arbitration, they need to have

a human read the question. Decide if the content was in fact a problem.

Then either remove it or leave it the hell alone.

the key word in your question is "staffing"--at least that's my take on the situation. I never report personal attacks on me--and take my word for it, i generate my share of controversy--but i don't report people calling me names. However, when i see an avatar/picture of obama with the word "A$$hole" spelled out in the pic (not spelled like i have here, but literally spelled out), and i report it--FIVE times in a one hour period--and it's not removed, then i have to say it's a staffing issue. And i have to conclude that yahoo does not care about it's users and will not hire more staff to combat the misuse. So, in having minimum staffing, it allows for inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of the rules, such as they are. Finally, everyone knows the right's agenda--attack, lie, whine and threaten anyone deemed to be an independent thinker and not in lockstep with the republikan platform.

They don't refuse to deal with abusive reporting. They are INCAPABLE of dealing with the shear volume of reporting. The amount of personnel that would be needed would DWARF the staff that can realistically be supported.

Give the people back the marvelous free speech forum yahoo news discussion

This is crap

Everyone knows this is where free speech has gone

All these question are easily found by web search and yahoo knows this

How the hell couldn't they

Cut the god damn crap and give us back free speech you chickesh*ts d*cks

Because they could care less,Even legit answers are against yahoo terms of service.I think they need to stop the point system and actually have real people reviewing the violations.

I seriously doubt the CSRs speak enough English to understand a lot of the posts they delete.

It's easier to be lazy about bogus reporting and do nothing about it, just like it's easy to do a bogus report of something.

It only takes two reliable members reporting to have an answer or question removed.

they would have to redesign the whole system

Thats an excellent question. I rarely if ever report people. If they insult me personally, I simply block them from answering my questions. Im not sure if Yahoo even read the questions that are being reported or just look at the number of people reporting the question

I think Yahoo should assigned a department to actually read the questions that are being reported and then decided if they should remove them based on merit not on republicans' hurt feelings.

• Stan

I think any member...who reports more than once a quarter (3 months) should be temporarily banned from the site, or lose points.

This will never happen, though. They like the little tattle-tails.