Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

Why is play important for children?

For child development i have to research what is play and why it is important, types of play, stages of play. Please would you be able to give me any information you know as I'm trying to get the highest grade possible (and by the way I'm not trying to get out of doing it by using this)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All work and no play makes the child dull. Play is equally important. The new education concept is based on play and learn. Play releases the energy in the child, makes the child more confident. Individual game like chess increases concentration, scrabble increases vocabulary, and team game like football develops team spirit and leadership qualities. All these qualities improves academics. So play is very important as in this competitive world you need not be only intelligent but smart too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It helps relax the mind. It's common knowledge that children have an attention span, so if they're focusing for ages on something they won't be working to their full potential, that's why you need things like break time at school

• Google, Why do children need playtime? It comes up with a whole host of websites that would benefit your report. Good Luck.

• gattus
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

It how they learn and for progression. actual - Gross motor and advantageous motor skills. (crawling, jogging, working, gross motor skills. drawing/ writing, determining on up tiny products etc. advantageous motor skills) Creativity, verbal replace, the two verbal and non- verbal, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do you go to curtin university in w.a.

i have a similar assignment lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.