Stem Cell Research, Christian Question?

Bit of a disclaimer, I'm not a Christian. I'm a pagan, so don't get into the atheist vs Christian stuff on me. This is meant for those who believe life begins at conception. There are a lot of conditions and diseases embryonic stem cell research could potentially cure. Because of the belief that... show more Bit of a disclaimer, I'm not a Christian. I'm a pagan, so don't get into the atheist vs Christian stuff on me. This is meant for those who believe life begins at conception.

There are a lot of conditions and diseases embryonic stem cell research could potentially cure. Because of the belief that life begins at birth, this research would constitute murder. If you, or one of your loved ones, were affected by one of the diseases that could be cured by stem cell research (such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases, spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis to name some), and the options were available to you to receive this treatment that was engineered using embryonic stem cells, would you accept it? Why? If you did accept it, would you be able to religiously justify it?

Thanks! Just curious.