Poll: How should i add contacts?

I mean , I have so many i want to add again, because today i deleted so many and i asked for them to email me , and about 12 did i added back, but i feel like just adding the rest without asking them to email me explaining why they still want to be a contact.

What would you, should i still ask for my old contacts to email me to why they should still be my contacts, or just add the contacts i Trust 100%

Thanks

Update:

i just feel bad asking to them email me and given the rest a free pass kind of thing.

Update 2:

i did this because of troll problems

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I think you should just add the contacts you trust 100%. Just look through the persons questions and answers and see if they are a troll or not. And I don't blame you for requesting an email first because yahoo answers is just filled with level 1 trolls. I know what it is like to have an account suspended. My first one was suspended and I was on level 7.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think you should feel bad about wanting an email before re-adding someone. You really cannot trust too many people in this place. It is loaded with trolls. I think you should start off by only adding the people who have been a contact of yours for a few months now. I think it is safe to assume they are not the trolls. Then, have other people email you. If they are trustworthy and good contacts, I don't think they will mind emailing you (I didn't mind). I think they will understand. Also, anyone that is at level 1 or even level 2 just don't add. It sucks that it has to come to this but if you are having so much trouble with trolls, it seems like the only thing you can do.

• 1 decade ago

There are some good people out here. Since you had a problem with the trolls, use your judgement. If you had some contacts that you trust 100%, I would add them back. I wouldn't feel bad at all about asking to send an email first before you readd anyone. There are a lot of people that do that. You can also make your contacts private. That helps in avoiding the trolls. I had to do the same thing you did and now I'm very selective who I will add. Good luck and have a great day!

• 1 decade ago

Adding contacts, ones you trust, especially here can either be easy or difficult. When I lost my first account with Y!A and started over, those who I really liked found their way back and those I have kept. Others it didn't really seem to matter. If someone who was once a contact sees you and emails and asks to be added, then read the profile, check out a few of their questions and answers and go from there. I have found having a core group works better then having too many, for some contacts you add might not be as discerning as you in who they add, which could lead to problems in the future. LIke a friend of a friend, who proves not to be a friend. Best of luck and good to have you back!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • You shouldn't feel bad. You did what u had to do to stop the troll attacks. I ended up having to do the same after a long time of letting anyone add me . Now unless it's a former contact that i trust or they email me first & i feel they can be trusted. i don't anyone to just add me anymore I rarely ever allow level 1 users to be added unless i really trust them are former contacts who where suspended that i trust otherwise if they don't ask i just block them. Not worth being too nice in this place anymore & u have to play it safe. Your real friends & contacts will add you back.

• 4 years ago

Hmm... well let me add you as a contact and find out. Just kidding, I've already added you as a contact last week. =) I would say that you have a better chance as long as the person realizes that you are paying attention to the questions they're asking by answering them often, but then again like you said there are so many questions that go to voting, so I guess it depends on who you follow.

• Megan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You've already added me back- haha, thanks. :)

I would be sad if I wasn't your contact anymore.

However, I understand what you're saying; generally I don't make people email me first (I don't give out my email). If I notice they're respectfully answering a lot of baseball questions, I'll go ahead and add them; I don't care if they add me back or not.

I'm really grateful that as of yet I don't have troll problems, though I suppose it's just a matter of time.

• 1 decade ago

well, why do u want people whoever add you to email you, saying why they want to be your contacts?

When someone adds you, accept, then (if you want to see whether they are trolls), look threw their answers.

Trolls' answers are something that's totally of the subject and is about many paragraphs

• 1 decade ago

Just add random people that look sexy in their pics!

thats what I do :D loool

and, if they ask a interesting question

I'd just add them again, and if they ask, explain to them that your old account got deleted etc etc

• BB JR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

add the ones you 100% trust without email

congrats you reached 10000 stars!

Source(s): BB JR
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.