The ATF surrounded my house yesterday? Who are they and what do they want?

Yesterday when I came home from work my neighbor stopped me in the front yard and told me the ATF had surrounded my house at around 11:30 that morning? She said there were like 15 of them, with weapons drawn, the plastic face guards, and something she described as being things she sees them use to bust doors down on cop shows.

WHAT is going on?!?!?!?!

• avgjoe
    Favorite Answer

The ATF are a federal government agency who enforce the Alcohol, Tobacco, and firearms code. This organization was the same one that raided the waco compound in texas a few years ago. They sometimes team up with other agencies to enforce the federal laws.

as to what they were doing at your home you may call them at one of their many field offices here is the link

http://www.atf.gov/field/index.htm

Here is a link for general information on the ATF

http://www.atf.gov/

If they had gone to the effort to come all battle ready and prepared to knock your door in something would have happened. The would not take the trouble to do all of this and get a warrent only to mill around and leave.

If it was a minor thing they would just send a few agents.

Do you live alone? Anybody in your household potentially doing something? Or are the neighbors just trying to send you a message by just saying this?

Something is up. Personally I would be curious. Call the ATF and your local police and ask them.

Ever heard of a telephone? Try calling ATF to ask them. How are we supposed to know what they want??? ATF is Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Alcohol tobacoo and firearms enforcement.. one of ur neighbors is f'ed up

• Mark S

Sounds like your going to jail.

• Desi

Seems to me, you might know alot more about that than we do!

It can't be good, that's for sure.

hold on while I get my magic 8 ball and shake the crap out of it....

oh no, it says unsure.......looks like your on your own.

call and find out.

busted.

• Welcome to obama nation.