emmie love asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

major league baseball game locations?

Do at least half of a major league baseball team's games take place at their home stadium?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, 81 of every team's 162 games are played at their home ballpark.

Once in a while, a team plays neutral site games, for example last year the Tampa Bay Rays played a 3 game series at Disney World.

In 2003 and 2004 the Montreal Expos played some of their "home" games at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in Puerto Rico.

Additionally in 2007 the Cleveland Indians played 3 "home" games at Milwaukee's Miller Park due to a snow storm causing a cancelation of games at Jacobs Field in Cleveland.

In 2008 the Houston Astros played 2 games at Miller Park in Milwaukee because of Hurricane Ike.

• 4 years ago

i will say this, it must be truly exciting to ensure how a chain tournament like that ought to come out. i love your theory yet i do not understand if it really is going to ever take position. to inform you the truth, i don't like the international tournament in any respect. The preparation isn't almost adequate. The communities do not truly play that properly as a unit. a real international series must be so much better helpful. a minimum of the league champions ought to play better helpful because each and each crew member must be use to twiddling with their crew associates.

• SGT V
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes. 162 game schedule equates to 81 home/81 away games.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yep. Exactly half., except under most unusual circumstances, such as extreme weather conditions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.