Should I evict my roommate?

I recently bought a house and my former roommates moved in. One is totally incompetent and is finishing a Masters degree. He was supposed to finish next month but when I asked when he was finishing a few days ago, he said he needs more time. I arranged to have another friend move in as soon as he left. I made these... show more I recently bought a house and my former roommates moved in. One is totally incompetent and is finishing a Masters degree. He was supposed to finish next month but when I asked when he was finishing a few days ago, he said he needs more time. I arranged to have another friend move in as soon as he left. I made these arrangements many months ago.

We have not signed a lease. But he agreed verbally that he would finish and move out at the end of next month. What's my responsibility with this guy? I don't want to be a bad friend, but the alternative to kicking him out is to inconvenience another friend and leave me without a roommate when he leaves, or give up my living room. I don't mind if he's here an extra week or two but he wants something on the order of months.

I'm also worried that he'll over stay his welcome. I've moved with him twice and he did absolutely nothing to help. I basically moved his stuff for him. I can imagine that he'll not take his eviction seriously and simply hang around.

I've really had my fill with this guy. Here are a list of qualities I can do without in a roommate:
he's socially inept
we have nothing in common
he is incapable of making adult decisions
he smells bad
his room smells bad
the washroom smells bad after he uses it
he ignores polite requires to remedy the smell
he claims to not know how to clean/do chores
he demands detailed instructions for any task/chore and preforms the task poorly
he breaks things
he can't be trusted to do important things
he mooches food
he snores while awake