• Health >
  • Mental Health
  • Health >
  • Mental Health

Why do I hate Sundays? Does anyone else hate Sundays?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
People always say that they hate MONDAYS, but I don't mind them. It's like "Okay, it is Monday, the start of the work-week, and then Friday will come again." ...show more
Best Answer
Yes... the whole day is ruined with the dread we have in the back of our minds knowing we can't put off your work/homework the next day, and we have to wake up early.
Also, everything is closed or closes early on a Sunday.
  • 11
    1
  • Comment

Other Answers (12)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Number Three answered 8 months ago
    I don't hate sundays because the next day is monday, I hate sundays because nothing happens. Nothing is open, except food establishments, and I work at one. ON SUNDAYS. and you know what happens on sundays at food establishments? Church rush.

I hate sundays not just because of the church rush, but simply because I cannot get anything productive done, even if I wanted to. I can't call my doctor, I can't call most businesses, I can't send mail, I can send email but no-one answers it anyway till monday, I can't get mail, I can't get packages, I can't go to most art museums, most people don't even want you to call them on sundays. Sundays are the doldrums of the week, sunday you are forced to be inactive unless you have to serve a church rush, and it's not even the productive kind of active, it's just a rush of ignorant people that wont tip waiters and order too much food.

And it's even worse when you're non-religious, sundays literally have no meaning for you, they are just a day that no-one wants to work and it is difficult or impossible to get meaningful work done. Any day of the week you could take off, but religion mandates it be only one day and everyone does it THAT day.

Sundays build up to be more inconvenient for me than black friday every year.

Mondays though, mondays I cherish, because I can actually get things done on that day. I love mondays!
    • 3
      0
    • 2 comments
  • frostbite answered 6 years ago
    Yeah Sundays suck.

Interesting you worry about working and start on Weds. I remember reading a question about this same "Sunday phobia" from another person. I think it's just engrained. By the time Monday comes you're on your way.

I still like Sundays because I get to do what I want though.
    • 3
      0
    • Comment
  • Russell answered 6 years ago
    I hate Sundays because I get my paychecks on Saturdays and have to wait until Monday for the bank to be open to cash it. So, when I have next to nothing in my account, I can't go out and have fun on Sundays.
    • 3
      0
    • Comment
  • Prof L answered 6 years ago
    I personally love Sundays, but my roommate/ex-boyfriend hates them, and gets in a bad funk a lot of the time. I think it might be partially having not accomplished enough the week before, and knowing how much has to get done the week coming as a result. Not sure though, he isn't sure himself. Stuff does get in your head though, even though I work weekends I still look forward to Friday, its still Friday.
    • 2
      0
    • Comment
  • JoRo answered 11 months ago
    Sundays is the what I hate and dislike with most passion at par with any holiday. People are in their worst behaving; even being off while I have to work in retail for them for the all my life so far. I think they are the most angry and moody while being ungrateful. In my opinion... they should enjoy it outdoors and not ruining it for those stuck on working for them; as they leave shopping to the last minute while we have 24/7 internet shops. I know I would be playing at the beach,lake or river!.
    • 1
      1
    • Comment
  • mystic k answered 6 years ago
    I'm the same. I love Friday evening...then the apprehension for Sunday- the LAST day of my free time...sets in around Saturday afternoon. XD.
    On monday I'm just like "oh, yeah, the days will pass okay..."
    XD
    • 3
      0
    • Comment
  • NY SPORTS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! answered 6 years ago
    I enjoy them because i do part time work on Saturday, but the reason is because you are thinking about going to work tomorrow and you begin to stress. Just watch TV and pretty much be a couch potato and enjoy. Make sure you get to sleep early though.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Lunaka [Accio DT] answered 6 years ago
    Sunday has been my only free day this year, so I'd have to disagree! However, I don't hate Mondays, since they're usually my easiest days next to Sunday!
    • 0
      2
    • Comment
  • Dean answered 6 years ago
    i hate sundays too. I don't hate mondays though. (Somehow i don't love them either...) But if my work week started on wednesday, i would just hate tuesdays. i especially hate sunday evenings.
    • 7
      0
    • Comment
  • Why do I hate Sundays? Does anyone else hate Sundays?
    People always say that they hate MONDAYS, but I don't mind them. It's like "Okay, it is Monday, the start of the work-week, and then Friday will come again." However, on Sundays, I'm like "OH GOD, I HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!" What's strange is that my work week currently starts on a WEDNESDAY, yet I still dread Sundays for some reason... maybe it is ingrained in my brain??

Anyone else?
    Sign In 

to add your answer

• caty answered 6 years ago
    i hate sundays too!!!! i think its because a whole week of work is coming and also there isnt much to do on sunday everything is closed no mail........ nothing~
    • 3
      1
    • Comment
  • 2 answers hidden
  • B. S. answered 6 years ago
    Yes it happens to me too, only my problem is with guilt I ought to go to Church. When I go to church it's a long or boring sermon. and if I don't go there is the guilt about should I have gone, Am I putting my soul in jeopardy
    • 3
      6
    • Comment
  • M3L answered 6 years ago
    maybe yur just werid....
    • 1
      26
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock