Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

My newborn has Atopic Dermatitis any suggestion on how to help him?

Hello,

I just had a son hes about 2 months old and he is suffering from Atopic Dermatitis.I have taken him to several doctors and they have prescribed creams that have not worked thus far. I would like to get suggestions from parents that have dealt with the same situation. What has helped your child? Are there more natural approaches that I am not aware of. I look forward to your response as I am getting very scared for my baby.Thank you.

Favorite Answer

It is my understanding that this is a temporary thing in babies. Lots of babies have really sensitive skin, so they develop rashes that vary in severity.

Have you thought that it might be an allergic reaction to something? Could be the formula (if you're using it), the brand of diapers, the laundry detergent you're using, the deodorant you wear, anything really. Some babies are super sensitive. I would take a close look at what you think could be causing it. As he gets older he will most likely grow out of it, but it's hard to say how long that will take.

Sorry I don't know any natural remedies for it I would just say use the creams your doctor gives you and try to eliminate any allergens.

Hi again!! I was reading he could be allergic to milk formula so im taking my little un to the docs next week to switch to soy milk formula, il let you know if it works!!