Comic book female superheroes appropriate for a 9 year-old girl?

All the new female superheroes are a too sexy for a 3rd grader. My daughter likes the 70s Wonder Woman and an 70s female villain called Hel from a Spiderman comic. It's fine if they're beautiful grown-up women, but for Pete's sake, the new female comic book heroines look like centerfolds. Suggestions?

Update:

Oops, the villain she liked was "Hela" and she fought The Mighty Thor!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • J. H.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Good comic for a 9 year old. Power Pack about a group of Super Hero kids pretty good

Spider Girl is good too. Spider Man's daughter from an alternate reality.

There's also the one -shot Raven which should be at your local comic store. Raven is about a girl who's half demon and hates that fact and just wants to live a normal life in high school.

She might like Run-aways which is about a group of teens who ran away from home because their parents are murderous super villains!

If she likes Thor then the guy currently writing him is responsible for Babylon 5.

There that should do it.

Umm there's a reason these heroines look like centerfolds. The mark caters to young guys and well you know how young guys are, right? I know that's no excuse but the list I gave you should be fine, but remember artist switch all the time and you should check how they draw them first if you're worried about it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not exactly a super hero but you might have her try Leonard Starr's Mary Perkins On Stage, currently being reprinted by Classic Comics Press.

• 1 decade ago

You might want to check out some of the older running series such as X-Men. They tend to keep to the style they started with and, if they started back when Superhero-ettes weren't so scantily clad, then it's a safe bet you'll find resolution in them.

• 1 decade ago

I would recommend Wonder Woman from the 80s as envisioned by Trina Robbins

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

CardCaptor Sakura? ;D The main character herself is a 9-year-old.

• 1 decade ago

You could try spider-girl,Rouge from the x-men, and also the female members of teen titans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.