Do you want your Representative to Support HR1207?

The Federal Reserve Transparency Act has been introduced into Congress by Congressman from Texas, Ron Paul. He has already found 28 Co-Sponsors for this historic legislation. If your Congressman or Congresswoman will not support this Bill, ask them for a detailed, logical explanation. The Fed. has been accountable to no one for 96 years. Here's a list of the Bill's Co-Sponsors. If your Representative is on the list, they are heroic, and deserve your thanks. If they are not on it yet, ask them why, and demand they actually give you an answer.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/84938

Abercrombie, Neil (D-HI 1st)

Alexander, Rodney (R-LA 5th)

Bachmann, Michele (R-MN 6th)

Bartlett, Roscoe (R-MD 6th)

Broun, Paul (R-GA 10th)

Burton, Dan (R-IN 5th)

Chaffetz, Jason (R-UT 3rd)

DeFazio, Peter (D-OR 4th)

Duncan, John (R-TN 2nd)

Foxx, Virginia (R-NC 5th)

Garrett, Scott (R-NJ 5th)

Grayson, Alan (D-FL 8th)

Heller, Dean (R-NV 2nd)

Jones, Walter (R-NC 3rd)

Kagen, Steve (D-WI 8th)

Kingston, Jack (R-GA 1st)

Marchant, Kenny (R-TX 24th)

McClintock, Tom (R-CA 4th)

Paul, Ron (R-TX 14th)

Petri, Thomas (R-WI 6th)

Poe, Ted (R-TX 2nd)

Posey, Bill (R-FL 15th)

Price, Tom (R-GA 6th)

Rehberg, Dennis (R-MT At-Large)

Rohrabacher, Dana (R-CA 46th)

Stearns, Cliff (R-FL 6th)

Taylor, Gene (D-MS 4th)

Woolsey, Lynn (D-CA 6th)

Young, Don (R-AK At-Large)

Above all, remember that this isn't a Republican vs Democrat issue. This is about honest banking and honest government. We can find our way out of the financial darkness by working together to smoke out the skunks and replace our debased banking system with an honest monetary system. Start - - - with a simple audit.

Update:

Hey, gosam777: HR1207 simply mandates an audit of the Fed., not a plan to replace it. Can anyone out there make an intellectually honest argument against auditing our central bank, that has not been audited in 96 years. Anyone???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I actually met with my representative's aide (Duncan, John (R-TN 2nd)) at a church function and confronted him in front of everyone suggesting his boss resign in shame for not upholding his oath to defend the Constitution by sponsoring this bill. I followed up with an email with similar language to John Duncan. I'm happy to see he decided to stay on.

• 1 decade ago

OK. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I disagree with you about the Fed. But so far, I have not seen a viable alternative. Not saying there isn't any. Just saying I have not seen an improved system offered as an alternative.

And again, not saying I don't agree. But if you are talking about dissolving the Fed and turning over the printing press and national checkbook to Congress, that will not be an improvement.

• 1 decade ago

The Fed made terrible decisions in interest rates starting in 2006. By raising rates using the inflation boggy man as justification they precipitated the collapse of the credit markets and the real estate bubble. Their judgments were grossly in error and they are all still there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YES! There's no way anyone wouldn't support it unless they have money to throw away. Quit protecting the banks / business and protect me the taxpayer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes I do. It is criminal that a body with so much power over our currency can't be audited in any meaningful way.

I wrote my rep so, as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anything that Michelle Bachmann is in favor of has to be scrutinized to make sure it is not something pro-Crazy like she is and the fact that Ron Paul sponsored it makes me nervous as well, just add Dennis Kusinitch and the squirrels will have a feast with all these nuts! . Michelle Bachmann just got done saying she had no earmarks in that last omnibus bill passed, she apparently made an error or lied.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you can sign this petition, and it will go to your reps.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/auditt...

• 1 decade ago

shirley

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.