Anonymous

How come men and women likes Beyonce as the prettiest black woman, when they got pretty dark women celebrities?

How come men and women likes Beyonce as the prettiest black woman, when they got pretty dark women celebrities like Gabrielle Union, Lauryn Hill, Aaliayh, Chilli off of TLC, Kenya Moore, Stacey Dash, Yaya, and many others, Why is everybody in love with that skin tone, maybe its like that, because they are not dark at all and you just like light skin women, man these girls that are lighter skin can look average to us and they can be the prettiests woman in the world, why, because they are light skin. People I think we order wake-up, what if Beyonce gets darker would you still like her then, mmmmmm that's something to think about, because Kelly rowland got the same slim face just like Halle Berry, but who gets recognize lighter skin women. This is a Dam shame, for a woman in the society for her to be pretty, she has to be light skin, thats sad. That shows the world is not mature and hasn't grown up yet, and people dont say Oh Beyonce got a tight body, when their is plenty of dark women they got tighter Bodies than Beyonce or even Halle Berry, but naw its all due to the fact of that skin color, What a shame. I am sorry for ranting, but I want to know men and women when you say pretty black woman in the industry you say Rihanna or Beyonce, but Like I said what about Kenya moore dark choclate skin and pretty eyes, but naw Riri and Beyonce, I dont know what to say about yall people, but yea just give me some answers to why that is people thank you?

Best Answer

All the dark skin women you named are all older (over 30 years old.)

btw: Aaliyah is lighter than Beyonce.

why do blacks keep saying beyonce has light skin? I saw that girl live cause my girl friend wanted to go to her concert and beyonce did not look as light as she did in photos and on t.v.. shes a step up from a typical black person.

Kelly rowland is fine as hell so is Alliyah, Lauren hill, Gabrielle and Chilli but MOST of these women ARE old and the younger stars is whats in.. i dont think skin color has anything to do with it.. Lauren hill was big in the 90's so was Chilli, Aaliyah and Kenya Moore..

I think the black community is angry cause there are not alot of darkskin up and coming artists..

who knows.. all i know is beyonce IS hot but so are the older singers..

As soon as I saw this question (w/o reading the details), I knew exactly what I was gonna say!

Its the media influence, and the people too gullible to believe things. Its been the same mentality for years, that lighter skin (or anything close to white) is automatically perceived as more attractive, which isn't true by a long shot. Now, I'm sure some people have a preference for lighter skin, which is fine, but when this thinking starts to use the media (by using magazines, "music" videos, etc) to warp peoples minds into thinking that is what constitutes attractiveness, its a problem.

Beyonce is pretty and whatever, but if I were going to choose the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth, I'd say Gabrielle Union. Hands down. She's fine the way she is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Lynn

You're right it could be the mixed person is just an @ss, BUT too many times I have been treated like crap when I am asked what I am. I get it from all races, so I don't know what the problem could be. SOME black ppl assume all mixed ppl are the same. Just because they may have a few bad experiences with mixed ppl don't mean we are all that way. But skin tone, hair texture, eye color don't mean a damn thing. We are all humans.

Hmm...yeah, Aaliyah was definitely not that dark! As for Beyonce and Rihanna, what can I say, just that they are the most beautiful out of all those women you mentioned. Well, except for Halle Berry, but Halle is also light. They just are more beautiful. Maybe it does have to do with the skin tone, I mean face it. If Beyonce was super black like Wesley Snipes, she would not be considered as beautiful. It might also have to do do that they are multiracial and are exotic looking. They don´t quite look black and they don´t look white either. Just a really nice mix.

• Belle

The media tells us to think light skin is better. and since a lot of people watch television and look at magazines that always have light women on the covers and screens, why wouldn't they lust after that? people have become desensitized to the european standards of beauty. that's all it is. that's why halle berry is considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world, because she's the closest thing to white that we have. same for beyonce.

oh btw, you might not believe this and I don't care if you do or don't, but Beyonce has voodoo doctors pray over her music so that men and women will want her physically.

That's just some people. Maybe the ones who just prefer lighter toned women. I think Kenya Moore is the prettiest of all the women you mentioned. My husband likes Stacy Dash!

Okay as far as everybody saying, Beyonce is hott yall know that gurl IsFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, ok so, as far as being skin tone they kno**** that is what it is, dont try to deny it, because I bet any money if Beyonce walk around dark skinned, they wouldnt even recognized her, and knowing if a dark woman being fake they would be talking about how ugly she is, Its some crazy people in this world, and Yes for that chick that says dark skin aint pretty screw you, you know for a fact that they got pretty dark skin women out there, you must be white, like I said, if they say Oh she just have wonderful features, just so you know its a skin thing, because many women up there are much prettier and Esther Baxter and other dark women have tighter bodies, so people in here that have that mentailty that lighter is better, screw you they aint no way you can say that, who you to be judged who is pretty and who is not, GOD didnt make no mistakes as far as making a beautiful dark skinned sister, HELLO! and No offense I am a man who appreciates Dark skinned women yall are the most beautiful natural beauties in the world, screw the society.

There are pretty women in every race skin color aside. Beyonce is very pretty because f her features. I'm a straight girl and even I have to say beyonce is hot!

It's got nothing to do with lightness of her skin...she's just got really nice features..Halle Berry was voted hottest wasn't she?

She was in some pole in England anyway