Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

what bike is better, haro, gt, or mongoose?

gt vertigo, haro???, mongoose gravity game

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Forget brand names and look at how the bikes are equipped. Make your choice that way. When looking to buy AT A BIKE SHOP you'll find that those kinds of bikes are very close as far as quality of components so it may end up being what color you like!

Source(s): I sell lotsa bikes http://thecheapbikeshop.com
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I design bikes for a living and am constantly up to my elbows in stuff like this.

Any bike you find in a BIKE SHOP will do well, and most BMX bikes of similar price are specced very close to each other. Don't believe those that say a Haro hub is better than a GT hub, or that a Mongoose or Diamondback sucks. They really don't know other than what their buddies tell them.

By the way, the 2008 Dew Cup Champion won on a Mongoose.

If the bikes you are looking at are similarly priced, the Mongoose will probably have slightly better specs, the GT will be next, and the Haro will be lowest specced. That's just the way it is until you get to high end bikes, especially BMX racing bikes. At that point Diamondback is far ahead of the crowd.

If you are interested in a bit of history, it was Mongoose that introduced the first BMX production bike and Diamondback that introduced the first BMX bike with an aluminum frame. Thats a legacy that Haro and GT can't match.

Source(s): 29 years in the industry
  • russ
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Haro Gt Bmx Bikes

• Eileen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Giant would be the best one your list, they're the biggest manufacturer of bikes and their stuff is always well built. As above I would also check out Specialized (my bike of choice), comes with good bits on and are practically indestructible. . . I would stay away from anything with Mongoose written on it especially the Tyax, they look good and come with more than bikes from other companies with equivalent prices but the parts are generally cheap as chips. I am running these a fleet bikes at the minute when I take people out on trips and am not happy at the amount of time I've spent repairing them :( Maybe it's just my bad luck but I don't like 'em! Hope this helps -=D=-

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i recommend Haro Bikes or Gt Bikes

• Rakaa
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

GT or Haro for sure. Mongooses are terrible.

Source(s): Past experience.
  • 1 decade ago

GT or Haro Mongooses suck horribly

• Haro is better known for their BMX bikes if that's what your asking

• 1 decade ago

save up and get a redline if you want a mountain bike. there top of the line, wal mart cant even afford to sell them. i use to work for the company that owns redline, snafu, fubar, lapierr and a few other big names in the bike industry

• loree
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It depends..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.