In the DRF, under Jockey Statistics, what does MTS stand for; and under Trainers does STS stand for starts?

How much does the quality of a good jockey play into the outcome of a race? Can a good jockey really make a mediocre horse shine? In trying to predict the outcome of a race, what are the best stats to look at? I've been examining the success in the most recent past races, jockeys, workouts, the beyer speed... show more How much does the quality of a good jockey play into the outcome of a race? Can a good jockey really make a mediocre horse shine? In trying to predict the outcome of a race, what are the best stats to look at? I've been examining the success in the most recent past races, jockeys, workouts, the beyer speed figure, the current purse and purses of past races and then the weight of the jockey. If there's more or less that I should be paying attention to please let me know. I'm trying to get better at this.
1 answer 1