Does anyone know what song from the Saturday Night Fever movie the classic John Travolta "pose" comes from?

OK, so for some reason I'm a little embarased to ask this but...does anyone know what song from the Saturday Night Fever movie the classic John Travolta "pose" comes from?

OK, In videos of "You should be Dancing" he DOES do a pose that could be it but he doesn't have the white suit that you see in all the pics, posters etc. Anyone know where THAT comes from?

• hot923
    Favorite Answer

Well I would have to check but You Should be Dancing by the Bee Gees comes to mind.

• TL

That was a posed shot for the promo poster. Notice that in the still,Karen Lynn Gorney is wearing a red dress when in the film, her dress is,like Tony's suit,white. That's because there would have been too much white in the poster and it would take away from the actual star of the film,Travolta. When does the famous pose, it's in the beginning fo the film whereas he wears the suit at a dance-off at the club. "Fever" was also Fran Drescher's(The Nanny) film debut. The song is,"You Should Be Dancin) by The BeeGee's

• I'm pretty sure it's You Should be Dancing by the Bee Gees

I'm not sure what seen, but almost every song he dances to is from the Bee Gee's. :D