Need help on buying camera! Nikon D80 or Canon Rebel xti ?

Ok so i want to begin to dive into photography. Im a newbie with no training or understanding of all i will need to know.. I want to take professional quaity photos! I plan to really become serious in this hobbie. I like the nikon d80 and the canon rebel xti.. i know there differences and the whole preference thing... show more Ok so i want to begin to dive into photography. Im a newbie with no training or understanding of all i will need to know.. I want to take professional quaity photos! I plan to really become serious in this hobbie. I like the nikon d80 and the canon rebel xti.. i know there differences and the whole preference thing im seeing on here.. Is there another camera i should be looking into, with same quaility? I personally am leaning on the nikon side right now.. I know that i will need to purchase alot of lens, can you suggest which to get to please? I want to take pics of my daughter in cemetarys, fields, inside with tutus on (think amanda keeys) ect... I also want to do funky stuff like all black and white but draw out one color and bring blues greens out of water ect... please help im clueless.. i also really cant afford to go crazy with money.. i have found a nikon for 300.00 online but then i need lens right??
Thanks for answers, please be as detailed as you can.. i have alot to soak in; im feeling..