Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

hi im 22 and i am having an intimate relationship with a 17 year old is this healthy?

hi im 22 and i am having an intimate relationship with a 17 year old is this healthy..what do ye think of this??

Favorite Answer

I think it's fine. My boyfriend is 21 and I'm 16, same thing. We have a very healthy relationship and we've been together for two years.

If you're JUST having sex with them, that's gross.

Actually once you're 21 you're an adult. You're still a child at the age of 15 & 16 .. a young adult between then and 21. No it doesn't mean a 15 year old boy having an intimate relationship with a 14 year old girl would be seen as a paedophile. I don't really know what that would come under. It would be considered rape of either male or female if the other was 16+ because according to the law you aren't able to make a sound decision regarding sex until you are 16+ but if both parties are under 16.. I'm not too sure.

Well it really doesn't matter how old the person is. Just if you love and care for them. I went out with a guy 5 years older then me, and personally it was the worst thing I could have done. I was younger then 17 but I missed out on a lot of stuff I should have been doing. And then a different guy when I was 20 and just kinda felt left out because he would always go to the bars or clubs with his friends. And I've ended up not talking to them anymore. So as long as you make him feel like a part of what your doing then im sure it will be just fine. :)

There is nothing wrong in it but I hope you realize that at 17 people are not very sure what they want in life, a whole lot insecure and I wont be wrong if I say immature. The spontaneous romance can go either way if someone more exciting comes along. Maybe when you say this that person might deny it but its true.....if you guys can make it work then why not.....you might have to make a lot of compromises tho.....it gets tiring after a while.

Well it depends i am 18 dating a 27 year old with the maturity level of a 5 year old it depends it maturity levels match and if she feels you will always think of her as a child even though she is not. Also if you took away her virginity wich is not likely then she might cling to you not because she has feelings but because she feels obligated

me and chris are working out only because maturity wise i am older wich is how most relationships are but if it was the other way around she might be too young for a serous relationship

• Age of consent is 18 in many states.

Short answer: Stop having sex with this girl/guy NOW and explain why. If it's really love, you can wait a year. If not, then it's better for that person that they look for someone else anyway.

As someone else said, it really doesn't matter whether I think a law is "fair" or not. So long as it's the law, I pay (or you in this case) the penalty if you break it and get caught.

I think you should not have an intimate with this 17 years old guy/gal.. God said so... Because the guy/gal still cannot understand a real relationship because of their age... Also, God said that in order for you guys to avoid pre-marital sex.... You should wait for the guy/gal to turn 18 and continue your relationship.. 17 is still a minor age!! K? Hope this helps...,

Source(s): MoirE!!

Nowadays, it's not a shock for you to find relationships which the people involved are having huge age gaps. But if you do love each other, then there's nothing wrong with it.

Define healthy.

If your maturity matches with the 17 year old, and you are in love, I see no problem.

So long as the two of you are safe and aware, and you have a loving relationship, why not?

Absolutely! You're only 5 years different. When you're 55, the other person will be 50.

there is only five years difference thats not that bad age of consent is usually 16 in most states. as long as her parents dont have a problem with you being older everything should be ok good luck