NFL All Star Weekend?
What do you guys think of this idea?
Well i agree with this idea
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
The NFL should have an All-Star Weekend because we've got way more talented guys than LeBron. Most of the time an NFL player would get payed more with the money.
If the NFL decides to have a NFL All Star Weekend the competitions would be like....
1) NFL Interception Contest
2) NFL Powerful Throwing Contest
3) NFL 2 on 2 Contest
4) NFL Sacking Contest
5) NFL Rushing Contest
6) NFL Catching Contest
7) NFL Tackling Contest
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I think it would be a good idea in theory, just some things they might have to tweak based on that idea.
1) Rookie vs Sophomore game might work, but might not. I mean, first of all, you would have to play this on a football field, so that takes away the idea of the basketball arena thing and the idea it can be all in one night. A full game would take awhile. Secondly, its not like the NBA where you just get like 8 guys on a team... you need 22 starters per team, at least, and thats not even counting kickers and special teams, you would have A LOT of people in this event. It could be cool to see, but I don't see the big name rookies and sophs wanting to risk injury for an exhibition, and the lesser knowns aren't really going to want to play half-@ssed when everyone is watching, seeing as the defenses in "all-star" games are exactly that, half-@ssed, because they don't want to get hurt.
2) QB Accuracy would be a nice one. You would just need to set it up right.
3) Hardest hitter contest would be really interesting as well. Maybe they could add something like a moving dot on the sensor, so the hitter has to time it right, since what good is a hard hit if you miss the runner.
4) The obstacle course for RBs is another good idea as well.
5) I don't like the best catch competition though. What really makes a great catch? Its either great coverage, a bad throw, or battling the sidelines. Coverage you cant count on, since, if its a WR contest, I doubt you're going to want a CB knocking the ball away. You also don't really want to base a contest on who catches the best bad passes. You could do a 1-on-1 drill, where the WRs get points for the catch and the CBs get points for defending the pass. There's a lot to work out with that one, but could work something out.
6) There can be some kicking contests. For punters, you could do something like the contest in Madden, they punt and try to knock it within the 20, and get points based on where the ball stops or goes out of bounds. For kickers, you could do speed kicking like on Madden and a longest FG contest.
- 1 decade ago
uh they already have it. it's called the NFL skills competition but for some reason they run the last year during the current pro bowl. Weird. i do like the rookie vs sophomore idea
- ColeLv 51 decade ago
I like it (although they used to have skills challenge). Anything that can spice up the NFL (in a positive way) is okay with me.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
i agree i like it damn thats a good idea
- ReeseLv 61 decade ago
I'll take it. The Pro-Bowl is overrated anyway....