Can you name one band who "sucks"?

Now, I'm sure many of you were going to quickly answer this question saying The Jonas Brothers, Nickelback, etc.

I have seen Glamorize Cocaine say stuff like this, and I would like to take his ideas and run with them. So here I go:

No band, I think, "Sucks." What makes a band suck? Answer me that question; I'd like to see that answer.

Now, I may really not like Nickelback's music at all, but in no way do they suck. Chad Kroeger is my least favorite vocalist, and the rest of the musicians are not above average by any means (from what I have seen). But how can one make the statement that they suck?

They make music, and you don't like it. That is basically it. You can't just say that any band that you don't like automatically sucks!

This is a rather pointless, stupid rant, but yeah.

I just got tired of hearing people say that bands suck.

If you would like to justify your saying that a band "sucks," try it.

To give you something to say:

BQ: Least favorite vocalist?

BQ2: How many dragons have you slain today?

Saying that a band sucks is often stated as a fact, rather than opinion.

Like, saying "Nicklelback sucks" is much different than saying "I don't like Neickelback"

I don't play WOW either.

I'm referring to real life

READ:

Your answers are all saying who you think sucks, but are not attempting to justify it. That's the point of the question...

I know you were joking, I'm just joking too.

But I failed in making a joke out of your joke.

So far it is my understanding from you guys that a band sucks when they think they are better than they actually are.

Some of you are understanding the [kind of obvious] point I'm trying to get across.

It is impossible to justify a band sucking.

It's all opionion, but like I said earlier, people often say that bands suck as if it's a fact.

So it's kind of like when you call something "gay" or "retarded"

It is untrue (most of the time) and unjustifiable.

The main point I am trying to get across:

Be nicer! Don't say a band sucks.

But I guess that will never end, thus making this question pointless. I did get a couple of stars though :D

Favorite Answer

To be honest with you, there really is no definitive way to determine whether or not a band sucks. In reality, it all comes down to one thing, and one thing only: opinion. People can try all they want to justify why they think a band sucks, but all they're doing is stating their opinion.

I can't stand Nickelback, but like you said, that doesn't mean they suck. They have tons of fans and have sold tons of albums, that technically makes them a success. It doesn't matter how good of musicians they are or how generic they sound, if you can sell albums, you technically are a success. And when you really think about it, if a band is successful, they don't suck. Again, it's all opinion. If you don't like a band's music, it doesn't mean they suck, it simply means you don't like them.

BA: Chad Kroeger or Scott Stapp

BA2: Three...it's been a slow day.

- Love and Peace -

• Athena

Anal C*nt Cattle Decapitation Circle of Dead Children Dying Fetus F*ck...I'm Dead Genghis Tron Gorgasm Necrophagist Pig Destroyer Prostitute Disfigurement Texas Chainsaw Mascara The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza

• Me

The Leeches suck. Really!! They're leeches! :D

Haha, yeah well it's technically impossible to find one band who sucks. Every band out there has a fan, even if it's just the members themselves. You'll find a band that has millions of fans and I suppose people judge it that way, or they'll judge it on musical talent or whatever, but hey - there's more music out there than difficult, deep stuff. I love silly dance-y stuff! Music isn't made for just one purpose (I hope!). So it may suck from a musical talent point of view, but from a let's-have-fun-and-dance point of view it's awesome!!

BA: Uhh probably Amy Lee or Liv Kristine.

Source(s): I think Hoagie the Hippie said it better than I, but that's basically what I was going for. :D
  • .

I'll tell you what sucks.

When a band aren't actually singing. When it sounds like they are SAYING the lyrics.

Example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-7u9OzH9o

Youtube thumbnail

Is this music? The lyrics are just so pointless.

EDIT:

Justify saying it sucks? It is the person's personal opinion & if they think it sucks. Some people like the Jonas Brothers' MUSIC because they like that sort of pop music. Others think they suck because they don't like that music at all. I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.. that we can't say a band sucks if we have a valid reason such as not liking the beat, tempo, instruments, people's voices...?

edit edit: Hoagie the Hippie has got it in one :)

I got one.

4 Non Blondes.

I've listened to them, and have heard nothing good. They were basically a one hit wonder with "What's Up", and this is because the chorus is somewhat catchy I guess.

The guitar playing is at an amatuer level, with no difficulty at all ivovled. The lead singer is honestly just bad. I have nothing personal against this band, but they truly do "suck". I honestly beleive that any below-average musician could take this same song, and have the same amount of success.

hey thanx for mentioning me. and i think that is true no band *sucks* i might hate the Jonas Brothers for instance but think about all the fans that they have so they of course don't suck.

bq- Chad Kroeger

bq2- 8.32

all you idiots completely missed the point.

i cant beleive you guys.

basically, any band thats making it in the music industry does not suck. if they sucked, they wouldnt be there. somebody obviously enjoys them enough to give them a record deal.

you cant say "suck" as if its a fact. like..i really cannot stand the jonas brothers....are they talented? yes. definately. they have more talent in their fingernails than you douchebags do in your entire being.

grow up.

yes, this question IS pointless. no band sucks if they can play an instrument. it takes alot of guts and practice to get up on a stage and perform in front of tons of people. if anyone thinks a band sucks its just a personal opinion.

Least favorite vocalist-Robert Plant ( I can't stand Led Zeppelin)

Dragon question - none. I'm a dragon; can't kill my own kind!!!

nice sermon there :)

i am slaying just one dragon today, but it is a beast. can't justify saying it sucks, but can totally tell ya it blows for sure. effing dragon...