Republicans, what do you do if evidence shows that your opinion is wrong?

A) Change your opinion, and glad to be wiser than you once were. or B) ignore the evidence, and keep your opinion. I have shown evidence, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that raising the marginal tax rate does NOT affect unemployment in any way, shape or... show more A) Change your opinion, and glad to be wiser than you once were.

or

B) ignore the evidence, and keep your opinion.

I have shown evidence, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that raising the marginal tax rate does NOT affect unemployment in any way, shape or form:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkfURSgtqeAnRVAg5E.22Ufsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090311134801AAWUcNH

To recap: From 1951 until 1963, the marginal tax rate in the US was a steady 91%, yet the unemployment ranged from 2.5% to 7.5%.

I can run statistical analysis if you like, but it is pretty clear that the two are not related in the slightest. If they were, years with higher tax rates would have higher unemployment, and yet that is not the case.
So, with this evidence, it is a proven fact that marginal rate does not, in fact, have anyhting to do with unemployment.

But yet, people continure spouting their opinion that the two are correlated, even though, in fact, they are not. Why would this be?