Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

My boyfriend and drugs?

My boyfriend has got me into weed I will admit. every friday we will meet with his friends and smoke some green then have a sleep over after. But his friends are busy this friday so hes blowing me off and says he wants 2 do saturday instead. Before we got into drugs most the time he was up for seeing me asap. Help =[ x

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry to say this, this is probably not going to get any better. He just chose drugs over you, so that tells you that drugs are his first priority, if thats what he going to do with his friends.

IF you want him to quit, he'd have to separate himself from his friends in order to quit. The same goes with you, I'm not telling you to break up with him, that is your choice only. But it would probably be for the best. You can possibily ask him to quit and if he gets mad and refuses then he has chosen it over you. If he really cares enough then he'd try to stop and make you his first priority.

The same thing happened with my parents. My dad started weed as a teenager and then got my mother to do it as well. My mother was smart and stopped, while my dad one day realized how much it was ruining their relationship and tried to quit. But unfortunately he kept going back to it because of his friends that he continued to hang around with. Every time he hung around his friends they'd offer him a hit. But he found out the only way he was going to stop was to cut offf contact from his friends who did drugs and it worked and my parents are as happy as ever. He's 42 drug free and his friends are STILL smoking pot.

Source(s): Experience

I think in the case of your bf the weed smoking has become some kind of social connection for him. I have a psychology background and am a former user so i can give you sound advice. You need to tell your boyfriend that the drugs should not affect your relationship and if these issues start to take a hold like this within your relationship there will no doubtedly be issues. Confront him asap about this to avoid any future problems

I think you should explain to him that although being with his friends is fun, you should have one on one time at least once a week. This way you stay as a couple. And not just, 2 people meeting and kissing now and again with a group of people. If he doesn't understand then, maybe you should leave him be for a while and see how he reacts. But I'm sure he'll understand. Good luck!

he doesnt care about you anymore!! its so sad when weed changes people. but my boyfriend stopped for me.

so he obiously doesnt care about you as much as you do about him. we have been together for a year and nine months and he has been drug free for 3 months and is going to rehab.

i love him to death because he did that for me.

but you dont deserve that! any guy that blows you off for weed is NOt G00d fOR yOU.

dump the drugs then dump your boyfriend

you are all pot heads

i think you'll live if you have to wait an extra day so chill out

He can't put up with you sober.