Does your significant other respect you for staying home with your child/children?

I have seen a lot of questions about people not being respected by their partner because they stay home with the kids. So i ask you all, does your partner support the fact that you stay home with the children or do they resent it? I stay home with my baby, my partner loves the idea that i do stay home. If i were... show more I have seen a lot of questions about people not being respected by their partner because they stay home with the kids. So i ask you all, does your partner support the fact that you stay home with the children or do they resent it?
I stay home with my baby, my partner loves the idea that i do stay home. If i were to have a job and put our daughter in childcare my wages would just cover the cost of childcare so there in no point in me working anyway.
Update: Mrs_Blasor i am the same. My daughter comes first as far as the house hold duties go and my fiance understands that but i don't think he realises how hard it is sometimes.
Update 2: cathr169: how extremely rude of you to asume that i would only work for the money. I don't HAVE a lot of skills so with the skills i DO have i ould only get a jod that covered childcare costs. Now tell me, what is the point of me spending hours per day away from my child for nothing? And how dear you asume what... show more cathr169: how extremely rude of you to asume that i would only work for the money. I don't HAVE a lot of skills so with the skills i DO have i ould only get a jod that covered childcare costs. Now tell me, what is the point of me spending hours per day away from my child for nothing? And how dear you asume what my daughter will be taught because i stay home with her. I am staying home a) because of the first reason, b) because we are trying for another baby, c) i am looking into doing an online course so i can work from home and look after my children.
Honestly , i ask a simple question and all of a sudden you feel you can judge me, that really is just pathetic.
Update 3: Actually i am really hurt by what yu said cathr169. I don't have my HS diploma, my mothe DID work instead of staying home. My fiance earns more than enough to provide for us. You give the impression that you are a man who hates stay at home mothers. Even a woman hater. How does it feel to be judged? I may not... show more Actually i am really hurt by what yu said cathr169. I don't have my HS diploma, my mothe DID work instead of staying home. My fiance earns more than enough to provide for us. You give the impression that you are a man who hates stay at home mothers. Even a woman hater. How does it feel to be judged? I may not have a HS diploma but i have taught my daughter more now than she would of learnt at kindy. Get over yourself.