Making your own home solar power panels?

I am confused over this issue. There are multiple companies selling information on how to make them for cheap, but I do not know which one is the best. I hear mixed reviews some saying these homemade ones are just as good as the professional and others saying they will not produce the same power or will break... show more I am confused over this issue.

There are multiple companies selling information on how to make them for cheap, but I do not know which one is the best.

I hear mixed reviews some saying these homemade ones are just as good as the professional and others saying they will not produce the same power or will break easy or not be legal to hook to the grid and other various things.

I also am not sure if you really can make them for cheap because I think you might still need to buy energy converters or other ect.

So I hope someone here can give me an objective answers from real knowledge or experience and give reasons and not just answers so that I can see for myself thanks!!!