Security device from another store setting off store alarm. Was I too rude or too tolerant?

We went to a birthday party at a friend's house, so I put a new sd camera card that I had bought but not opened in my coat pocket. The next day we went in the farm store, which does not sell electronics or anything for cameras or computers. I set off the alarm. After the clerk took the bags back to... show more We went to a birthday party at a friend's house, so I put a new sd camera card that I had bought but not opened in my coat pocket.

The next day we went in the farm store, which does not sell electronics or anything for cameras or computers. I set off the alarm. After the clerk took the bags back to desensitize them (mouse traps do not have sensor tags anyway) it was evident that it was my coat that was setting off the alarm. I explained it was either my photo chip or my insulin needles and I allowed the clerks (two of them by this time) to run my sd card near the scanner. It set off the alarm.

Clearly there was another store tag on the item. My husband still has the receipt somewhere probably at home.

One of the clerks said she would have to call the manager.

I have shopped at the farm store one or more times per week since it opened in 1977.

I told the clerk that she did not have to call the manager because the product was not from their store and so it did not concern him. I had a meeting that I had to be at shortly and would not be late because of this. And I left, got in the vehicle and left the store lot. My husband was with me.

My husband and daughters thought I was too nice, I thought the clerk pushed me into being really rude to her, I felt while justifiably perhaps, I was extremely rude.

What do you think?
Update: Thanks everyone! I learned a lot from all of you!