what are some quotes about walt whitman?

yeah if you could help me out that would be awesome! :]

Favorite Answer

By Whitman:

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough. Walt Whitman

A great city is that which has the greatest men and women. Walt Whitman

Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling. Walt Whitman

I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contained. I stand and look at them long and long. Walt Whitman

The future is no more uncertain than the present. Walt Whitman

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman

If any thing is sacred the human body is sacred. Walt Whitman

The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges, or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people. Walt Whitman

Whatever satisfies the soul is truth. Walt Whitman

Nothing endures but personal qualities. Walt Whitman

The habit of giving only enhances the desire to give. Walt Whitman

The real war will never get in the books. Walt Whitman

I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends. Walt Whitman

About Whitman:

Walt Whitman is the only major American poet of the nineteenth century to have an intimate association with the art of bookmaking. What is less well known is that Whitman was trained as a printer and throughout his life spent time in printing shops and binderies, often setting type himself and always intimately involved in the design and production of his books. Ed Folsom (Whitman Making Books/Books Making Whitman.)

Whitman believed that American poetry would have to be essentially different from any poetry written previously—it would have to look different, sound different, and deal with different subject matter if it was to guide the development of a radical new American democracy. Ed Folsom

Walt Whitman is a foundational figure in American culture. Kenneth M. Price (To Walt Whitman America)

One side of Whitman wanted to keep things separate, divide his life and his books into two, but another side (usually the winning side) desired to merge them again, to join the dichotomies. It was the dynamic of his own nation, what the North and South had gone to war over—to be separate or to remain united—... A single book, but two different covers: one spring, one fall; one youth, one age. Ed Folsom

Whitman's experience as a housebuilder may be relevant to the way he imagined book objects: when you needed more space for a new resident, you added an annex. Ed Folsom

I returned to Whitman because he was of America, and I felt he had something to give me in terms of the American world. Jean Toomer

The only comfort in a rather Nordic array of dispositions has been Walt Whitman. . . . He has the careless and forgiving odor of someone who will let you live. Alvaro Cardona-Hine

more here:

http://www.great-quotes.com/cgi-bin/viewquotes.cgi...

http://www.unitedearth.com.au/waltwhitman.html

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Walt_Whitman

Quotes By Walt Whitman

• Anne

@Synopsis, you're almost certainly right about Whitman's choice of words, but I did hear a fascinating lecture a few years ago in which the lecturer gave evidence that there is no such thing as "THE" first edition of "Leaves of Grass." Apparently Whitman was hanging around the printer's shop and as the pages came off the printing press he decided to change a few words here and there. So the copy of "the first edition" that's in the Princeton library is somewhat different from the one in the Stanford library, and so forth.

If you are among men and women who want to build a new construction and you want to turn into a designer you should search here https://tr.im/rTlov and make use of the ideas contained in the Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook.

With Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook you will not only get the landscape that you want but also enable you to devote high quality time with your family members because everyone will grew to become involved with your landscape task

If you want an outdoor location functional and beautiful, but you do not have reserved a budget for a specialist landscaping then this manual will be your best pal.