getting scratches off your car?

I have quite a few scratches on my car that aren't deep enough for touch up paint. Any way I can get them out or buy something that takes scratches off?

Favorite Answer

Not all scratches can be fixed. As a rule, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it is generally not fixable. I use 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Glaze Swirlmark Remover and clean terry cloth towels to remove light scratches. Here's what you should do:

-Wash and dry your car

-Apply the 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Glaze Swirlmark Remover to a clean towel. Use a small amount, about the size of quarter. Use a back & forth motion when removing the scratch with moderate to heavy pressure. When the polish dries , stop buffing.

-Inspect your work. Repeat the process. After each application, review the scratched area carefully and look for improvement. Normally, if you are not seeing progress after three applications, you may want to consider a slightly more abrasive compound like 3M One Step Cleaner Wax.

-Once you're satisfied with the results, apply your favorite wax.

Source(s): American muscle car restoration specialist

Get a buffer and use tea cut or some other type of scratch remover. Can be sourced at most car shops.