Since we already have/had an English Bible, is this not "adding" to it?

I believe the Bible to be the word of God. But have these questions... We now have many numerous, over 300 at some people's caluculation, of English translations of the Bible. If one is to think that there is a need for newer translations due to whatever assumed rationale, I have the following three... show more I believe the Bible to be the word of God. But have these questions...

We now have many numerous, over 300 at some people's caluculation, of English translations of the Bible.
If one is to think that there is a need for newer translations due to whatever assumed rationale, I have the following three concerns:

One, could not such an arbitrary translation change to the Bible be considered "adding to it" as some propose that John told us not to do in Revelations 22:18...?

Two, by what "authority" does one assume the ablity to make any changes? Didn't God say in Heberws 5:4 "And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron."
If you are to counter that changes are "called of God," then why would God call on so many to make so many different changes?

Three, if we assume that the King James Version is faulty, would not changing something faulty result is sonething equally just as faulty? A branch from a dead tree would also be dead.

Sample of many different translations:
Contemporary English Version (CEV
English Standard Version (ESV)
Good News Bible (Today's English Version) (TEV)
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
The Living Bible (LB)
The Message (Msg) - Eugene Peterson completed this paraphrase of the entire Bible in 2002.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)of the translation.
New International Version (NIV
New King James Version (NKJV
New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)
New Living Translation (NLT
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
Revised English Bible (REB)

Sincere opinions appreciated..........(I personally study and use the King James Version.)