Anonymous

Florida Unemployment Benefits..... Help?

Hi,

I have a few questions. I have never collected benefits so please forgive my ignorance.

I started collecting unemployment benefits in the state of Florida in late January. I still have another 2900 to collect at $207 a week.

question 1. When my benefits run out, do i physically have to go to the fluidnow.com website and apply for an extension or is it automatic?

question 2. When do you start receiving benefits? ( i have them automatically deposited into my checking acct)

question 3. How long is the benefit extension? I have never collected unemployment benefits until January 09.

How does this "extra $25 from the state work? The website says that they will begin the end of March, but is it a separate payment? is it weekly? And how long should I expect to receive it?

Thank you so much in advance for the answers, as the website is a joke as are the phonelines.

I am currently receiving benefits, but they are due to run out. I was wondering if the "extension" was automatic or if I need to reapply for the extension.

Favorite Answer

Each state is different. I can share what I know about NC benefits, but FL may be slightly different.

1) In NC you automatically get an extension if you are not employed.

2) I was under the impression you were already receiving them, but if not, it generally takes weeks from the last pay from work you get. The first week is a 'waiting week' then the 2nd week you being receiving payments.

2) 6 months? I'm really not sure on this one.

4) I do not know about that poic- is it federal or state. I know federal theres supposed to be some change coming, but not sure of details.

As much as a pain as it is, you would probably be best served by going to the office (EARLY!!) and speaking to someone in person.

Source(s): Former Director of HR

a million) it relatively is in many situations automated 2) you will desire to have or gets a letter telling you while 3) i think of it relatively is for a year...i could no longer locate lots info on it. 4) it relatively is easily separate out of your unemployment it relatively is going to are available a letter which will say substantial FAC information interior in spite of the undeniable fact that it relatively is a examine for 25 money. it relatively is weekly.i think of it relatively is the excellent time you're on unemployment.