Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Florida Unemployment Benefits..... Help?

Hi,

I have a few questions. I have never collected benefits so please forgive my ignorance.

I started collecting unemployment benefits in the state of Florida in late January. I still have another 2900 to collect at $207 a week.

question 1. When my benefits run out, do i physically have to go to the fluidnow.com website and apply for an extension or is it automatic?

question 2. When do you start receiving benefits? ( i have them automatically deposited into my checking acct)

question 3. How long is the benefit extension? I have never collected unemployment benefits until January 09.

How does this "extra $25 from the state work? The website says that they will begin the end of March, but is it a separate payment? is it weekly? And how long should I expect to receive it?

Thank you so much in advance for the answers, as the website is a joke as are the phonelines.

Update:

I am currently receiving benefits, but they are due to run out. I was wondering if the "extension" was automatic or if I need to reapply for the extension.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Each state is different. I can share what I know about NC benefits, but FL may be slightly different.

1) In NC you automatically get an extension if you are not employed.

2) I was under the impression you were already receiving them, but if not, it generally takes weeks from the last pay from work you get. The first week is a 'waiting week' then the 2nd week you being receiving payments.

2) 6 months? I'm really not sure on this one.

4) I do not know about that poic- is it federal or state. I know federal theres supposed to be some change coming, but not sure of details.

As much as a pain as it is, you would probably be best served by going to the office (EARLY!!) and speaking to someone in person.

Source(s): Former Director of HR
  • 4 years ago

a million) it relatively is in many situations automated 2) you will desire to have or gets a letter telling you while 3) i think of it relatively is for a year...i could no longer locate lots info on it. 4) it relatively is easily separate out of your unemployment it relatively is going to are available a letter which will say substantial FAC information interior in spite of the undeniable fact that it relatively is a examine for 25 money. it relatively is weekly.i think of it relatively is the excellent time you're on unemployment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.