promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Wow is this good news for Automakers?

This just in. Ford "negotiated" a deal with auto maker union to stabilize the pay of 42,000 employees around $55.00/hour yes folks ... unbelievable huh? that is compared with foreign auto makers here in the US who are paid $49.00/hour.

So in fact if Ford and the greedy unions would have made the commitment to match the other wages they would save ... lets do the math shall we?

difference in pay = $6.00/hour

6 x 40 hours a week = $240.00

$240.00 x 52 weeks = $12,480.00 a year

$12,480.00 x 42,000 employees = $524,160,000.00 saved a year overall.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090311/ts_nm/us_ford

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The legacy costs of the Detroit automakers make the negotiated pay adjustments look like peanuts. One of the surprising opinion results of the bailout of Detroit is the anger the public feels toward the Big 3 and the UAW. I have not owned a Detroit car in the last 30 years. In fact, I would much rather pay 5K extra for a new car from the foreign automakers than a Detroit car. Bankruptcy fear has nothing to with the problem. It is Detroit and its amazing UAW. Whose members hate their employer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

yeah, you are right, i live in Michigan and i have to deal with all these UAW assembly line workers, they are uneducated and its unbelievable how much money they make, its clearly a minimum wage job

• 1 decade ago

Boy I picked the wrong field to get into.

• 1 decade ago

$55 an hour for the crappy cars on the market?

It's no wonder they needed bailed out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.