promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jeremy asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Question about nhl fights?

i just read an article that said their planning on taking out "staged" fights from the NHL. When they say staged do they mean like proffesional wrestling staged or like the players plan on fighting someone because they dont like them?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • yoak
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The NHL has modified the game enough in the past three seasons. Smaller goalie pads, modifying two line pass rules and interferance and picking up the speed and amount of scoring. Fighting has been part of the game since its inception. If you completely remove and eliminate fighting, the big name players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Nash, (skill and finesse players) will be targeted and injured more often.

I think the media needs to give it a rest and stop trying to slander and force change on a sport finally gaining some recognition in the U.S.

Your other comment said it best. The staged fights are just escalated trash talk that result in a fight during or right after a face off.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Sorry, I just asked almost the same thing. Didn't notice yours.

A staged fight is where the players involved agree to have the fight while waiting for a face-off. Once the puck is dropped, they drop the gloves and go at it.

• 1 decade ago

The article has no basis..just written to be controversial..

it's called manufacturing news..

It's what happens when writers have no facts or contacts but a deadline so they write these baseless articles.....

Fighting might be removed but not in the foreseeable future.

• sammy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It is where they try to appease the thirst for blood the creeps in the stands have. That much is obvious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.