Is majoring in Culinary Arts in college a waste of time?

I have a passion for cooking and my parents think that I am far too smart to be doing it. I believe that on the contrary, cooking is something that books do not help, it comes from your heart and soul being put into a dish or a meal that you love. They had me take an IQ test and my score came out to be 152,... show more I have a passion for cooking and my parents think that I am far too smart to be doing it. I believe that on the contrary, cooking is something that books do not help, it comes from your heart and soul being put into a dish or a meal that you love. They had me take an IQ test and my score came out to be 152, without my age calculated (I'm 16), which is 22 points above genius and 47 points or so above the average american, I am happy with my scores and all and was wondering, with the economy the way it is what is the ideal class to major in during college? I have no idea what I want to be rather than a chef or a vetrinarian/possibly biologist but there arent many job openings in these careers, so what is a good major for me to be taking during college?
5 answers 5