Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Obama's socialist ideas going to help or worsen the economy?

Favorite Answer

does the public schools, fire department and police help or worsen our communities?

Time will tell. I believe it will strengthen our economy in the long run. It is laying a foundation. Results will not be felt immediate - if only, right?

Then you could change direction fast. This isn't working - need to hold back and change course. It doesn't work that way. Helping who? It's not helping the elites - not fully - though I think that might be questionable if you read what David Cay Johnston has to say.

I don't think you can compare the U.S. to other countries' governments. We have our own culture and something called our Constitution.

A lot of damage has been done. We've fallen behind because of failed Republican policies.

1) Which of his policies are socialist? Increased education? More police? Support of state budgets?

2) What is your time horizon? In the short run, before the programs are shown to be working, it seems the economy is going to get worse. If Obama is correct, then in the medium and long term his policies are going to help the economy.

I will just say that I think his ideas in general, socialist or not, will worsen the economy. I try to stay away from using the word socialist because it just upsets people.

Take a look at the stock market since Obama came into office. That answers the question.

It will get worse before it gets better. As it always does.

Been drinking the "FDR caused the depression" kool-aid, haven't you?

• Will S

Screw the economy, it will recover. I am worried about the survival of the United States of America!!

NOBAMA!

They are hurting it. Thats why the market is still down

socialist/Communist societies always fail..remember the USSR?