Have you ever filed for unemployment?

I just went through a phone interview after I filed online. The process seems rather confusing to me. If you quit your job, it seems unlikely to gain the benefits because you did the irresponsible thing by doing so w/o another job. If you get fired, obviously it seems less likely because of the irresponsible... show more I just went through a phone interview after I filed online. The process seems rather confusing to me. If you quit your job, it seems unlikely to gain the benefits because you did the irresponsible thing by doing so w/o another job.
If you get fired, obviously it seems less likely because of the irresponsible behavior that led to this.
The only thing that makes sense is a lay off in which case this usually comes w/ some kind of severance pay and the need for unemployment is, at least temporarily less important.
Update: Jan- If lack of work is the barometer, I'm a shoe in. Lord knows I tried as hard as I could to get employed after I became unemployed.
I'm working now but I certainly can use the benefits to help me w/ some of the debt.
They didn't ask for any of the online resumes I have uploaded.
Update 2: MeShe- Jewish proverb: While 2 men fought for the cow by ea. pulling on opposite ends the lawyer milked it.
Update 3: I also have hope that the Obama admin will present a softening of the requirements that will allow me to qualify.