Sex for Pleasure a sin?

Please do not be offended at the topic but im serious about this question. If you are married to someone and you have sex with them with no intention to procreate but for pleasure is that a sin for a Christian?

Update:

Thanks for the feedback but can anyone give me an answer from the bible? PLEASE as non sugar-coated as possible thanks so much

Update 2:

Thanks im pretty sure i have my answer now :) much appreciated!

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some think it is, some think it isn't. What's funny is that both camps declare that their position comes directly from the bible...:)

Yet another reason that the bible can't possibly be any kind of reliable source for answers to any questions.

Peace.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Solomon says: may your wife's breast always give you pleasure. He also says, take joy in each other. Read song of songs, it is pretty clear what the purpose of Sex is.

Sex is a gift from God. Inside of marriage it should be a tool used for enjoyment, rejuvenation, and fun. Sex is so important in a marriage. It is designed to express love, enjoy each other, and also procreate. It is NOT a sin to have sex only for pleasure inside of a marriage. That is why God designed it that way. Respect each other, and enjoy each other.

Source(s): The Bible
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No it is not a sin. God created sex for three things: 1, pleasure whoo hoo have fun and enjoy your selves 2 , procreation , you made a baby , more responsibilities 3 , unity , you become one with your mate and one with your new found family ie children

• 1 decade ago

Sex is one of the highest expressions of love between a married couple. There is no sin in having sex for pleasure.

There are guidelines and instructions for sharing intimacy but for time sake let me give you a few scriptures.

Prov. 5:19,ICorth7:1-5,

I suggest getting with a biblical based Church and inqurie further with your Pastor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sun
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

of direction no longer! it truly is why God made it experience stable. It ensures that human beings will proceed having infants, in any different case why might women folk bypass by that back?! that's meant to entice adult men and girls folk to a minimum of one yet another and save married human beings close. The Bible is extremely exhibit in this that God has designed intercourse to be for exhilaration so as that human beings would be intimate. Why on the earth might or no longer it truly is a sin? it truly is unquestionably against Christian coaching. i think of you're only confusing intercourse exterior of marriage with intercourse in maximum situations. Yikes -- to think of that human beings have faith that!

• tim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No it is not sin.

People have no definition for sin anymore but the Bible does.

Sin is transgression of the Law... It is violating the moral commandments of the law which is the ten commandments. That is the definition so were does you question come into that? Not at all.

• 1 decade ago

Hahaha! Sex for pleasure is what makes the world go 'round!

• David
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not at all. Sex is God's greatest gift to a married couple. Do it all you like.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, for a man and his wife it's perfectly normal.

What is sin, is having sexual intercourse before marriage and with someone you are not married although you have a partner.

- Islam

• 1 decade ago

No, God made sex fun, tat isn't bad. What is bad is when your sex life hurts others (infidelity, undisclosed STDs, lying, cheating, not using protection ... etc)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.