Why do you suppose the HAARP facilities, located 8 miles North of Gakona Alaska are blocked out by Google maps?

Why do you suppose the HAARP facilities, located 8 miles North of Gakona Alaska are blocked out by Google maps?

If you are unaware of HAARP, here is the link

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

Spiritually speaking: Why do you supposed we can not zoom in on the map in this specific area?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • phrog
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ionospheric heating creates waves non-condusive to photography?

edit: @J.P. - Oh. K. I thought they ran it for a couple of weeks at a time.....Thanx :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HAARP is a semi-classified installation and has been blocked likely by request of the US Government. If this is the case, it is not the only such installation so blocked, other governments have requested such blocking.

Also, it is located in an extremely remote area which would not likely be of great interest to surveyers. As Google gets such images by donation from paid-for projects, if no one is paying for this area to be surveyed, no one will have high-res images to donate.

--------

phrog:

Also a good hypothesis, but the odds of an image being taken at just the right angle to blur the image at just the right time to have any heating at all going on (the effect is reported to dissipate quickly once the equipment turns off and the equipment does not run for very long periods of time in any given day), it is unlikely.

• paul h
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I've heard the HAARP project is doing classified work on atmospheric "lensing"...that is, the attempted ability to create "lenses" in the upper atmosphere which could conceivably focus sunlight on areas on earth as a form of weaponry. It could also be used to focus sunlight in various areas to disturb local weather patterns, cause droughts, disturb satellite communications, etc... I'd imagine that the government would not like anyone snooping on the equipment or test events.

• 1 decade ago

There is currently no imagery of good enough quality in the area. When Google makes this area's imagery available, it should be visible on Google Maps and Earth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ITSH A CONSPIRASHY.

<.< >.>

The Penguin Crusaders have Google-blocked that area due to there stockpiling of Soviet Union missiles.

Source(s): I will personally love anyone who remember the Penguin Crusaders.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The same was true of the VPs mansion from the time Cheney became VP and it's still low res. Do you suppose there's a superduper weapon in the VPs basement?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

some assume it is a mind control devise. Or experimentations on mind control. some people have said that viruses contain mind control devises in them and I guess HAARP triggers these devises and they control us, twilight zone music starts to play....

Source(s): It could just be liek the LOST series, there is a magniet force near where the HAARP Is located and they are trying to harness this force or study it.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

official secrets act mayhap?

hope this helps

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't need to watch seals have sex

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.