need advice regarding Clinical/ Counseling Psychology MA?

i did my bachelors in pharmacy from india n now i m applyin for universities in usa for further studies,i need advice regarding Clinical/ Counseling Psychology MA keeping in mind the job prospective?will it b a good thing to do or am i messing up my career doin it?and will i be able 2 do it with out doin BA?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    A Master's degree in Psychology is not recognized in most states as the terminal degree and therefore cannot be used in counseling. You need to look at getting either a Psy. D. or Ph.D in the field to do any real work. Sadly the prospect of a salary much beyond the average is small with managed health care. Also, most graduate programs will require you to have some psychology hours before entering the program.

    Source(s): M.Ed. Education
  • Nort
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    To be a clinical Psychologist, you need a PhD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.