Motorcycle Passenger age restriction?

My son who is almost 5 has been riding with my husband on his motorcycle since he was 3 years old with full protective gear special pegs and everything with no problem . We would pass cops and they would just smile and wave. Even before we put him on the bike we looked up the laws of age restriction and all the... show more My son who is almost 5 has been riding with my husband on his motorcycle since he was 3 years old with full protective gear special pegs and everything with no problem . We would pass cops and they would just smile and wave. Even before we put him on the bike we looked up the laws of age restriction and all the laws required to carry a Passenger in Oklahoma and have followed every one.. Of course we do not go 65 miles down the highway with him we go around the local park at 15/20 miles an hour. I know everyone has a different opinion on whats safe for a child and I totally respect that. My problem is today my husband was pulled over by an officer that told him that any child under the age of 6 had to be in a car seat. Which KUDOS for him it is, in a CAR. He did not get a ticket in my opinion because he couldn't because there is no age restrain he probably just though it was unsafe for my son to be on the motorcycle which is fine. I understand that. However he told him if he caught him again that he would call child protective services and nail his @SS to the wall. Any opinions ? Advice ? Resources?
Update: I just want something to back us up WHEN we put him on the bike again. You know documentation so If I do have to take him to court for harrassment.
Update 2: Update: There is no law stating that a child of any age CANNOT ride on the motorcycle as long as you are following all the other rules. We went to the local police department and an spoke to an officer that said basically that the cop that gave us a hard time had no right to do that. So HAHAAHA.