My natwest account is closing within 14 days.?

Hi iv have had my card stolen so I went to my Natwest branch and ordered a new card , so successfuly my new card came and when I checked my balance inside the branch it says on the statement that Im overdrawn -£145. Then I have received a letter today on the 3rd March saying that my account is going to close within 14 days so I am so worried , is there anything that I can do to keep the account because Im so terrified and I dont want my parents to know otherwise they are going to kill me for real. And I dont want my account to be closed after 14 days , I want to keep my account. Pleaseeeeeeeee help me , save my life.

Favorite Answer

You don't say how you became overdrawn or whay NatWest say they are going to close your account. Would help.

If your overspending resulted in you going overdrawn, talk to NatWest about making sure that the overdraft is an agreed facility so that they stop charging you, and then budget to repay it as soon as you can.

If someone else used your card without your knowledge (and you didn't give them your PIN number) then tell your bank. They will credit your account for the unauthorised spending and pursue the theft.

I can only imagine that NatWest are threatening to close your account because of the way that you have been running it, but it is unusual. The only way to resolve this one way or the other is to visit your branch or give them a call and discuss it.

Good luck, and don't worry - it will get sorted.

Did you report the card stolen? If not I think you made a mistake. Maybe that person who stold it, used it before Natwest issued you a new card. Visit Natwest before your due date is up or make contact with them. Inquire about canceling options bearing in mind that you do not want to relinquish your account but some extended time to pay off your arrears. Request from them about the late fees and the wavier system. See which one works best for you. Seized from using that card until your account is paid off.

Hope this assist you in some way.

hi, try talking to natwest, i have banked with them for over 8yrs and they wil help,failing that just open another account with another bank, hope this helps x

Hi call them and explain the situation

OK