Why do Mexicans decide to enter the US Illegally rather than going through our Naturalization Process?

I am a Mexican American, but I need facts and sources that would help me with this. My mom says it's because of the time period to actually become a citizen. Do you know any sources that could help me prove this?

Best Answer

Because they are lazy adn they get more fee stuff form the government if they are ILLEGAL>

Also, you are either AMERICAN or MEXICAN. We do not "share" a country. So make up your mind. If you are MERICAN then please follow the laws of our country. If you are "Mexican" then go back to Mexico.

Source(s): REPORT AND DEPORT

There are some 1500 or something Mexican slots for Immigration.

When asked, about 50 Million Mexican Nationals said they would jump at the chance to come to the United States if they could do it... and legally or illegally for many.

Keep this in mind: the environmentalists have suggested with have as many as 80 million people to many for this land we have. We cannot take any and all that are disgusted by their own government.. they need to remain in their country and make their government better. And that is something they can do in every country in the Americas.

Further.. read some of the posts on this board. There have been about ten since I began watching: they ask what benefits they would be eligible for if they came to this country. They need help with a house loan, car loan, unemployment. We do not need that. No country in the world needs that.

• .x

That is part of it. But a lot of the illegal immigrants do not even want to become citizens at all, they just want to come here for a while and work to help family back home.

Whatever their reasons for coming here there are not enough visas/greencards for them, we only let in a certain number of foreigners each year.Also a lot of them wouldn't meet the requirements anyway. Most of the illegal immigrants who come from Mexico are poorer people, they do non-skilled labor type jobs and most visas/greencards go to people with more job skills like doctors, engineers, computer workers etc? So they would never be able get visas/greencards under the current programs even if they didn't mind the wait.

But they need jobs and we need them to work here and keep our economy/farms/etc going so they cross illegally. I think they should set up some kind of worker program so they can get temporary visas and do everything legally? I'm sure most of them would prefer it over paying criminals to smuggle them over the border into the desert and then spend their whole time here hiding out in fear of immigration.

There is a lot of red tape, but most who wish to be American citizens believe it to be worth it. There are hundreds of illegal Mexicans in my town who have no desire to be citizens, they just want the work so they can send the money back home. They have no desire to go through the process when they aren't going to be stopped from just coming on over.

Listen, the reason that Mexicans are coming in illegaly is because there is an immigration quota of 80000 a year and because it takes years for you to get a green card.

its bc the mexican government charges people 5,00 for a visa to come here i know as my friend is in the same boat -- they come here to work to help their families and cant begin to afford a 5,000 dollar visa - they are human too and need help with becoming legal here -- OBAMA -- HELP ----

and yes i agree with Lori

It's a simple truth in human culture as well as physical science:

Objects and people will generally favor "the path of least resistance."

If you could get into Disneyland and ride anything you want whenever you wanted, would you still pay the $60 to get in and stand in all the lines?

Maybe you would....but a lot of people, of every cultural background, wouldn't.

I do extensive work with the Latino community and I can tell you that it is the problems within the INS. Any thinking person would realize that anyone would rather come legally than to risk their life crossing rivers and deserts. I would suggest instead of ranting on blogs that only fuel hate and offers no solution, contact your local senators and congressmen to enact immigration reform that would address this problem. As most Americans will never have to discover, hunger is stronger than fear, and as long as there is poverty and hungry children, people will do what they have to do.

Hope that you heard the news tonight. 15% of the construction jobs from the stimulus package will go to illegals.Obama and Senator Ried are ignoring the E-Verify program for employers.

Please contact you Senator and ask that they support this special bill to verify illegals in this country ,taking our jobs in these bad times.

12 million illegals and if each one brings 3 family members here it will then add up to 3+1=4 4x12 = 48 million will recieve FREE medical ,food stamps ,social security ,education and housing on you and me .We need to stop this crazy thinking of congress.

this is practically impossible for many to benefit permission from the two our government and their very own. regrettably, maximum individuals do no longer comprehend this, or do in simple terms no longer care. "With silent lips. "supply me your drained, your undesirable, Your huddled plenty yearning to respire loose, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. deliver those, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I carry my lamp beside the golden door!"